This service is free for legitimate posts from employees and workers about food-and-industry jobs.
User

Bret Donaldson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:14 am

Looking for part-time position

by Bret Donaldson » Thu May 19, 2011 5:20 pm

Hello forum friends...

As a couple of you know, I was involved in an accident last Friday evening, run off the road on my scooter. I hit a telephone pole and broke my right shoulder. I am having surgery in a couple of weeks to fix it.

My right arm will be immobilized for the next 8-10 weeks. After that I will have 2-3 months of physical therapy to regain the strength and range in my right arm.

Like many chefs, I am uninsured. I have also not been working regularly as I have been working to build my own business. This injury takes me out of the kitchen for the next 3-5 months, depending on progress. 

So, I am seeking some kind of interim, part time work that I can do in the meantime.

Honestly, I wil have some limitations. I cannot drive right now. I am physically limited. I can do back office work, I am doing ok typing left-handed, and I am still mentally sharp.

So, anyone who has tasks they could use help with (building inventory control, basic data entry, phone work, etc) I am interested. 

I know there's not much out there right now, least of all for a chef who can't cook, but...if you have some things piling up that I can help take the load off, throw me a bone. I am very computer literate, good  with numbers, and really dont have much going on for a while.

PM me or e-mail chefbret@gmail.com. Any leads welcome! 

Thank you in advance.
Bret Donaldson
Bret Donaldson
Owner

Stellar Craft Catering &
Stellar Event Managament
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Looking for part-time position

by Robin Garr » Thu May 19, 2011 6:23 pm

Brett, I'm really sorry to hear about your injury, and hope it heals quickly.

I hope, too, that someone can find a part-time job that will fit your needs. I know you're not looking for charity here but will pull your weight in whatever you do. Best wishes!
User

Stephen D

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:41 am

Lyndon, Ky

Re: Looking for part-time position

by Stephen D » Sat May 21, 2011 12:18 pm

Let me also throw my well-wishes in the pot...

Heal straight and strong, brother!

:D