This service is free for legitimate posts from employees and workers about food-and-industry jobs.
User

Marsha L.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:56 pm

Louisville, KY

Sullivan University needs cooks at the new Residence Hall

by Marsha L. » Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:00 pm

I need a few part-time cooks at Sullivan's new residence hall (dorm) at Gardiner Point. The building, near Yum! Brands HQ, used to be Holiday Inn Airport East (next to Bob Evan's). Bob Evan's is gone, and the Holiday Inn has been transformed into Gardiner Point.

We have a new, fully equipped, spacious kitchen and dining hall, fully tricked out with all the stainless steel one person could possibly look at without going blind. I am acting as sous chef for the time being as we get it up and rolling.

We have several students working for us but we need several NON-students who can work the hours when most of the students are in class or lab. Part-time cooks that aren't completely green that can work during weekdays (especially early mornings until mid-afternoon) are on my wish list. Please email me at mlynch@sullivan.edu or call my cell phone at 608-0137. You could start next week!

Have a resume ready, however brief or thin - it's required as a condition of even applying. Part time cooks work up to 34 hours a week; sorry, no benefits to speak of; all you can eat of course, and after we get into rhythm we will do our best to give everyone off two days in a row per week. Hourly wage commiserate with experience. Can you make 20 gallons of soup at a time? Are you a grill warrior, a prep monster? I need you. Come join my team.
Marsha Lynch
LEO columnist, free range cook/food writer/food stylist