Hitting the road? Ask questions about dining out anywhere, and post your trip reports here!

Orlando in June

Moderator: Robin Garr

no avatar
User

TrishaW

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:05 pm

Orlando in June

by TrishaW » Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:10 pm

Guess I'm crazy.............taking the kiddos to Orlando in June. Doing Disney and Sea World and Gatorland. Haven't decided what else.

Recommendations for food, etc?
User

John Greenup

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:03 pm

Oldham County

Re: Orlando in June

by John Greenup » Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:21 am

No, going to Orlando in JULY would probably be the craziest thing you could do, but June comes close...there are so many dining options in the area, but one of my favorites remains "Amalfi", a small family-owned Italian restaurant on S. Chickasaw Trail...a solid Italian menu amidst friendly, unpretentous surroundings...along International Drive, you'll find examples from almost every major chain, from fast-food to upscale dining. Visit http://www.tripadvisor.com and do a search on restaurants in Orlando - you can modify your search by cuisine, section of town, price range, etc...
"I want to go where the hand of man has never set foot."

-- Samuel Goldwyn
User

Ed Vermillion

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:32 pm

38 degrees 25' 25' N 85 degrees 36' 2' W

by Ed Vermillion » Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:34 pm

We have always enjoyed Tony's Town Square restaurant at the Magic Kingdom. Goat Cheese & Marinara appetizer is outstanding. They make the kids pizza in the shape of Mickey's head. On the main drag inside WDW.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:32 pm

We go to Orlando fairly often as non-tourists, because my Mother and my sister and her family live over toward the Atlantic coast from there.

A couple of non-Mouse suggestions: Orlando has a serious "Little Vietnam" section along Colonial (US50) a mile or so east of I-4. We've tried quite a few and always go back to Lac Viet. I have to say that it's (sssssh!) even better than Vietnam Kitchen.

Very good Lebanese fare - and an interesting Lebanese wine list - at The Cedars, in a shopping center on the southwest side of town, again not too far from I-4.

Not food-related, but if you want a pleasant, quieter diversion, check out Lew Gardens in Orlando. It's not too far north from Little Vietnam.
http://www.leugardens.org/
no avatar
User

Zachary Clough

{ RANK }

Just got here

Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:22 pm

by Zachary Clough » Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:49 pm

Definitely avoid the the "Mouse" options unless you're looking for overpriced & uninspired cuisine.
To Robins suggestions there are some great restaurants in "Little Vietnam",I'm not sure I've been to Lac Viet but I have dined at most and for me Little Saigon has been the stand out.
http://www.littlesaigonrestaurant.com

Also, a lot of great restaurants along Park Ave. in Winter Park.
Check out Dexter's in Winterpark or Thorton Park (Orlando) for a great meal that won't set you back to much.
no avatar
User

TrishaW

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:05 pm

by TrishaW » Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:24 pm

Well...the trip got put off until July. We leave tomorrow (3rd)
User

Gayle DeM

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:42 pm

by Gayle DeM » Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:44 pm

Have a safe andd wonderful trip, Trisha.
"I didn't fight my way to the top of the food chain to be a vegetarian" -Erma Bombeck