Hitting the road? Ask questions about dining out anywhere, and post your trip reports here!

Miami/Coral Gables

Moderator: Robin Garr

User

Brad Keeton

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:04 pm

Highlands

Miami/Coral Gables

by Brad Keeton » Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:17 pm

We're taking a long weekend to Miami/Coral Gables for wedding in January. Any recommendations?

We're staying in the Coral Gables area, and will be car-less, so the shorter the cab ride the better.
"I don't eat vegans. They're too bony."
-Alton Brown
User

Ed Vermillion

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:32 pm

38 degrees 25' 25' N 85 degrees 36' 2' W

Re: Miami/Coral Gables

by Ed Vermillion » Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:37 am

Brad,

Last time I passed through the area I remember eating at a good cuban place in Coral Gables proper called Havana Harry's, that was a while past and cannot advise if they are still open. While people will say it's a tourist destination I have found that nobody has stone crab claws better than Joe's. A plate full of those and their mustard sauce is pure pleasure, in my opinion.

Ed
User

John Greenup

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:03 pm

Oldham County

Re: Miami/Coral Gables

by John Greenup » Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:54 pm

Ed Vermillion wrote:Brad,

Last time I passed through the area I remember eating at a good cuban place in Coral Gables proper called Havana Harry's, that was a while past and cannot advise if they are still open. While people will say it's a tourist destination I have found that nobody has stone crab claws better than Joe's. A plate full of those and their mustard sauce is pure pleasure, in my opinion.

Ed

Ditto Joe's -- fantastic crabs!
"I want to go where the hand of man has never set foot."

-- Samuel Goldwyn