Hitting the road? Ask questions about dining out anywhere, and post your trip reports here!
User

Steve Magruder

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Apr 08, 2007 10:57 am

Louisville, KY - Iroquois/Auburndale area

Need mid-range lunch and dinner ideas

by Steve Magruder » Wed May 30, 2007 7:31 pm

I'm going with my s.o. to Cincy on 6/8 to see the Underground Railroad museum early in the day, and the Cincinnati Museum Center later (already been there once before). So, I need ideas for lunch and dinner places with mid-range prices. Anything but seafood or generic American fare will suffice.

I especially like Mexican, Cuban, Italian, Vietnamese, Chinese and Thai, but am open to other cuisines as well.

Thanks in advance!
Steve Magruder
Metro Foodist
User

Ron Johnson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:48 am

by Ron Johnson » Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:00 am

A good neighborhood in Cincy to give you all of those options in your price range is Clifton. It is their version of the Highlands. It is a very short drive from downtown.
If you are downtown for lunch you can get decent Mexican at Javier's, which used to be on Court street, but recently moved to Walnut. Other good options are Ingredients in the Westin Hotel on Fountain Square and Paula's on Fourth Street. You can also drive down Elm street to Findley Market in the Over-The-Rhine neighborhood. It is a big market with lots of interesting foods.
If you go across the river to Newport you will find a good pizza by the slice joint called Michelangelo's. It is directly across the street from the courthouse. There are lots of chain restaurants in the Levee complex, but nothing special aside from AOI where you can find excellent japanese cuisine.
Over in Covington there are some good options in the Mainstrasse district, including several pubs with good burgers and creole food at Dee Felice Cafe. At the corner of Scott and 4th there is a dynamite mexican place with very authentic food, but the name escapes me (its starts with an "F"). For dinner, I highly recommend Riverside Korean on Madison bewteen 5th and 6th.
User

Steve Magruder

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Apr 08, 2007 10:57 am

Louisville, KY - Iroquois/Auburndale area

by Steve Magruder » Thu Jun 07, 2007 2:56 pm

Ron Johnson wrote:A good neighborhood in Cincy to give you all of those options in your price range is Clifton. It is their version of the Highlands. It is a very short drive from downtown.
If you are downtown for lunch you can get decent Mexican at Javier's, which used to be on Court street, but recently moved to Walnut. Other good options are Ingredients in the Westin Hotel on Fountain Square and Paula's on Fourth Street. You can also drive down Elm street to Findley Market in the Over-The-Rhine neighborhood. It is a big market with lots of interesting foods.
If you go across the river to Newport you will find a good pizza by the slice joint called Michelangelo's. It is directly across the street from the courthouse. There are lots of chain restaurants in the Levee complex, but nothing special aside from AOI where you can find excellent japanese cuisine.
Over in Covington there are some good options in the Mainstrasse district, including several pubs with good burgers and creole food at Dee Felice Cafe. At the corner of Scott and 4th there is a dynamite mexican place with very authentic food, but the name escapes me (its starts with an "F"). For dinner, I highly recommend Riverside Korean on Madison bewteen 5th and 6th.

Thanks for all the great ideas, Ron! I'm printing it out now. :D
Steve Magruder
Metro Foodist