Hitting the road? Ask questions about dining out anywhere, and post your trip reports here!
User

Mandy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:41 pm

Old Louisville

Isla Roatan, Belize, Cozumel, Costa Maya

by Mandy R » Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:55 am

Right now we are planning out a trip with stops at Isla Roatan, Belize City, Cozumel and Costa Maya. There would only be enough time at each stop to eat at one restaurant. Any suggestions on places we have to see?
User

Brad Keeton

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:04 pm

Highlands

Re: Isla Roatan, Belize, Cozumel, Costa Maya

by Brad Keeton » Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:39 am

I have a friend actually on an island off the coast of Belize this week. I have no idea if they're going to Belize City or staying on the island, but I'll check when he returns next week.
"I don't eat vegans. They're too bony."
-Alton Brown
User

Jeffrey D.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:49 am

Prospect

by Jeffrey D. » Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:16 pm

It's been many years ago, but there were great local dishes with fantastically fresh seafood at Anthony's Key Resort on Roatan. Spectacular scuba diving, too, if you're so inclined.
My memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
User

Mandy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:41 pm

Old Louisville

by Mandy R » Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:53 pm

Jeffrey D. wrote:It's been many years ago, but there were great local dishes with fantastically fresh seafood at Anthony's Key Resort on Roatan. Spectacular scuba diving, too, if you're so inclined.

Thank you! I will certainly check that out as a dining option and the scuba diving was certainly something I wanted to try at some point on our travels, it sounds like I may have found my place to do it at now :). I am looking into becoming certified prior to the trip.
User

Jeffrey D.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:49 am

Prospect

by Jeffrey D. » Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:50 pm

Mandy R wrote:Thank you! I will certainly check that out as a dining option and the scuba diving was certainly something I wanted to try at some point on our travels, it sounds like I may have found my place to do it at now :). I am looking into becoming certified prior to the trip.

Mandy, I've dived Roatan, St. Lucia, Fl. Keys, BVI, Caymans, Turks and Caicos and some fresh water in the U.S. In my book, Roatan is tied for the very top (tied with Grand Turk). Get certified if you can. They will train you down there, but the training may not be as good as you will get here. Try to chose the closer dive sites - no sense spending more time on the boat, going to and from sites, than necessary. And if they're still doing the Hole in the Wall dive, skip it. Very, very deep with hardly any bottom time and not good light. Stick with the more shallow dives where you'll have more bottom time. And go for at least one night dive, if possible. Enjoy!
My memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.