Hitting the road? Ask questions about dining out anywhere, and post your trip reports here!

Atlanta Recommendations

Moderator: Robin Garr

no avatar
User

Jon D

{ RANK }

Just got here

Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:11 pm

Sellersburg, IN

Atlanta Recommendations

by Jon D » Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:32 pm

Im going to have dinner in Atlanta this week and looking for any recommendations. Im up for either a good steakhouse or some pulled pork or whatever else might be out there. Im staying downtown, but could drive a little if necessary.
no avatar
User

James Natsis

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:34 pm

Re: Atlanta Recommendations

by James Natsis » Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:39 am

There is a seperate section for traveling on the hotbytes main page (see below).

"Travel dining questions and reports"
James J. Natsis
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:44 am

James Natsis wrote:There is a seperate section for traveling on the hotbytes main page (see below).

"Travel dining questions and reports"

I have moved this query over to the new section and left a signpost in the main forum. I'll do that routinely until people get used to it.
no avatar
User

Eliza W

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:24 pm

Indian Hills

by Eliza W » Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:57 pm

Near downtown on the west side is Bacchanalia, one of the best restaurants in America. It is neither a steakhouse nor pulled pork (Atlanta isn't known for bbq). It's a chef-driven restaurant that uses lots of seasonal, local products. It's very pricy for Atlanta, and only prix fixe.

I went to Rathbun's once, and it's a great steak. Only the porterhouse is dry aged, but the other meat is top quality wet aged. Like Bacchanalia, also very expensive. Also near, but not in, downtown.

If you are willing to drive and at all like ethnic food, I highly recommend Buford Highway. It's a paradise for adventurous foodies. Vietnamese, Korean, Mexican, Peruvian...if you want it, they have it. Also, the Buford Highway farmer's market (this is a store, not a "farmer's market" as you might think), is will cause anyone who cooks to hyperventilate with awe and wonder.
no avatar
User

Karen H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:26 pm

by Karen H » Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:14 pm

Not sure if this is too far out for you or not but it's good! We stayed in Marietta weekend before last and ate at the Marietta Diner. It has been featured on Diner's Drive-In and Drives. It is open 24 hours and serves a huge variety of food from breakfast to seafood. I got the Greek plater and it was wonderful!!! You better go hungry because you get a lot of food! The desserts looked sinful but I was too full to try any. Now that I know I will save room next time. They also have 3 other different restaurants that are listed on their website. http://www.mariettadiner.net It might be a good place for breakfast on the way home. It's not far off I-75.

Last year we ate at Dreamland BBQ in Norcross and it was very good, too. http://www.dreamlandbbq.com

Have a good time in Atlanta. Let us know where you end up going.
no avatar
User

Jon Brasher

{ RANK }

Just got here

Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:32 pm

by Jon Brasher » Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:10 pm

Try Cafe Intermezzo (great dessert!!!), Everybody's Pizza, and Mary Mac's Tea Room (comfort food).
no avatar
User

Karen H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:26 pm

by Karen H » Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:25 pm

Ok Jon so tell us........ where did you go? :?