Hitting the road? Ask questions about dining out anywhere, and post your trip reports here!

Savannah, GA

Moderator: Robin Garr

no avatar
User

Nathaniel C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:50 pm

Savannah, GA

by Nathaniel C » Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:32 pm

Savoy Society – open for dinner. Great food and craft cocktails. They play real vinyl records over the stereo system. Very nicely decorated and has a good atmosphere.

Alley Cat Lounge – a large menu of outstanding craft cocktails in a basement bar. They also have small food plates on the menu. An impressively large selection of spirits are available. It really is located in an alley, but is not difficult to find. If it were a little more hidden and a little more dimly lit, I’d call it a speakeasy.

Both of the above have great vibes and I observed bartenders with excellent technical skills. You get the feeling that they are making you a drink (and an experience), not simply serving a beverage.

Beyond that, the riverfront area north of Bay Street has a lot of shops and restaurants and is a very walkable area. Part of this area was recently redeveloped when a power plant was decommissioned. There appear to be several rooftop bars nearby.

The Prohibition Museum has classes most nights on cocktail making and/or spirits tasting. I took a cocktail making class and highly recommend it.