Hitting the road? Ask questions about dining out anywhere, and post your trip reports here!

Chicago

Moderator: Robin Garr

User

TimT

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue May 10, 2011 4:43 pm

West of the Mississippi

Chicago

by TimT » Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:37 am

Four of us had been planning a culinary tour of Chicago for some time and we just returned from a three day trip that exceeded our expectations in every way.
Dinner at Temporis, Chicago's newest one star Michelin restaurant was off the charts with a bottomless pour tasting menu, yes, that's correct. If you drained your glass before the next course was served they poured more wine. Good thing we Ubered back.
We lunched at Imperial Lamian on soup Dumplings and Pork Belly Buns. Wow. Very reasonable prices.
Lunch day two was at Ming Hin, a Michelin star, authentic Chinese restaurant. Chicken Feet and Pickled Jellyfish were two items new to my palate! Low cost.
Dinner night two was at Alinea, a three Michelin star restaurant where the food and the theatre were in equal measure. We had to make reservations two months in advance but the experience was worth it.
Lunch day three was at Xoco, Mexican cuisine by Rick Bayless of Topolabampo and Frontera Grill fame. Street food. Goat Barbacoa. Yum. Also low cost.
Our last Dinner was at Juno for an omakase tasting. 20 courses - bites from a master sushi chef.

Drinks at The Violet Hour. Great craft cocktails in a speakeasy atmosphere.
"I dined at my favorite restaurant last night. It was like Heaven, only better. They let me in".
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Chicago

by Robin Garr » Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:11 pm

Thanks for the report, Tim. Great references for a future visit!