Hitting the road? Ask questions about dining out anywhere, and post your trip reports here!

Michigan

Moderator: Robin Garr

User

JustinHammond

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:26 pm

Lyndon, KY 40222

Michigan

by JustinHammond » Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:46 am

Looking for recs for Holland, Grand Rapids, and Kalamazoo.

Food and attractions
"The idea is to eat well and not die from it-for the simple reason that that would be the end of your eating." - Jim Harrison

https://www.facebook.com/Louisville-Eat ... 129849554/
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Michigan

by Robin Garr » Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:35 pm

Don't drink the water in Flint. :lol:

Sorry, I'm not much use for that side of Michigan, other than to point out that Michigan's wine country mostly runs up the east shore of Lake Michigan, in the lake-effect snow region. (Heavy blanket of snow keeps grapevines from freezing dead.)

Also ... funny all this stuff is alcohol-related ... Bell's brewery is around there. Kalamazoo? As I'm sure you know, we're in their distribution region, and I'm pretty fond of some of their beers. Oberon and Two-Hearted Ale in particular.
User

JustinHammond

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:26 pm

Lyndon, KY 40222

Re: Michigan

by JustinHammond » Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:44 pm

Robin Garr wrote:Don't drink the water in Flint. :lol:

Sorry, I'm not much use for that side of Michigan, other than to point out that Michigan's wine country mostly runs up the east shore of Lake Michigan, in the lake-effect snow region. (Heavy blanket of snow keeps grapevines from freezing dead.)

Also ... funny all this stuff is alcohol-related ... Bell's brewery is around there. Kalamazoo? As I'm sure you know, we're in their distribution region, and I'm pretty fond of some of their beers. Oberon and Two-Hearted Ale in particular.

Yeah, it is a beer driven trip. Bell's, Founder's, Vivant, New Holland, and Arcadia are all in the area.
"The idea is to eat well and not die from it-for the simple reason that that would be the end of your eating." - Jim Harrison

https://www.facebook.com/Louisville-Eat ... 129849554/