Hitting the road? Ask questions about dining out anywhere, and post your trip reports here!

Avoid the Cityside in Newport

Moderator: Robin Garr

User

Ron Johnson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:48 am

Avoid the Cityside in Newport

by Ron Johnson » Thu Dec 27, 2007 7:29 pm

I tried the new Cityside tavern on Monmouth street in Newport last night. What a mistake. Avoid this place. The daily special was a philly cheese steak sandwich with fries and slaw for $6.95. We each got one. They were forgettable, but not terrible for that price. Then we got the check. We were charged $9.95 for each sandwich. I called the server over to show her the error. She said that $6.95 was only for the "daily" special, and because we ordered ours at 7:15 pm we were charged the night time price. What???? She said that the night time version comes with two sides. I pointed to the board where the specials were written and noted that it said served with fries and slaw too. She shrugged and said, "yeah I told them to erase $6.95 at night." and then she walked off. I was furious because she had already run my card through before I noticed the mistake. I will NEVER, EVER darken the door of this place again. Mediocre to bad food in a super-smokey atmosphere with that kind of shenanigans going on with the prices. No way. Do yourself a favor and skip this place.
User

Bedford Crenshaw

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri May 18, 2007 12:12 am

Jeffersonville, Indiana

by Bedford Crenshaw » Fri Dec 28, 2007 5:52 am

I hop you didn't leave a tip. :shock:
Have you hugged your penguin today?