Hitting the road? Ask questions about dining out anywhere, and post your trip reports here!

Best beach town near Tampa?

Moderator: Robin Garr

User

JustinHammond

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:26 pm

Lyndon, KY 40222

Best beach town near Tampa?

by JustinHammond » Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:52 pm

I'm looking for a beach town within 45 miles of Tampa that "has it all"; great beach, dining, bars, nightlife, shopping, ect. all within walking distance of one another. Am I searching for the impossible?
"The idea is to eat well and not die from it-for the simple reason that that would be the end of your eating." - Jim Harrison

https://www.facebook.com/Louisville-Eat ... 129849554/
User

Ed Vermillion

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:32 pm

38 degrees 25' 25' N 85 degrees 36' 2' W

Re: Best beach town near Tampa?

by Ed Vermillion » Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:08 pm

Look at Clearwater Beach, Justin. They have a little bit of everything mentioned and are within easy driving distance to Tampa, Tarpon Springs (Fred Howard Park beach), St. Pete Beach, Honeymoon Island State Park beach, Caladesi Island beach, Fort Desoto Park.......all sorts of terrific beaches and food.
no avatar
User

Harold B

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu May 21, 2009 11:58 am

by Harold B » Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:51 am

I think it is going to be tough finding everything within walking distance. If you find a spot near the village, then Siesta Key in Sarasota might be your spot.
no avatar
User

Robin F.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:50 am

by Robin F. » Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:40 pm

We loved St. Pete Beach, and everything is in walking distance but it's more like walking (on sidewalks) down Shelbyville Rd. than say walking around Key West. There are some bars and restaurants tucked in the hotels accessible from the beach but you'll need to do a little research to know they are there. The beach was fantastic though.