Hitting the road? Ask questions about dining out anywhere, and post your trip reports here!

Pintxos in San Sebastian

Moderator: Robin Garr

User

DanB

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:47 am

San Francisco

Pintxos in San Sebastian

by DanB » Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:46 pm

Managed to tick off a couple of items on my bucket list last week, one of them being a Pintxos pub crawl in San Sebastian. Folks, if you ever get the chance to go, don't miss it. It's not over-rated, it really is something special. I know Pamplona is better known, but the pubs in San Sebastian really, really go over the top to out-do each other, to the benefit of the customers. The atmosphere, even on weekdays, is extraordinary.

Naming specific pubs would defeat the purpose I think. So five stars for the whole town.
no avatar
User

Kurt Resener

{ RANK }

Just got here

Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:36 pm

Re: Pintxos in San Sebastian

by Kurt Resener » Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:46 pm

Couldn't agree more, we spent a few days in San Sebastian in June and the Pintxos are just unbelievable. It's said over and over but if you love good, adventurous food you really must do the San Sebastian Old Town pub crawl.
I started a list of bar names to recommend to people but every single place was outstanding, and seemingly better than the last. The wine may have helped...
The Basque people are great, the scenery is beautiful, and the food is among the best in the world. I'm going back soon.