Hitting the road? Ask questions about dining out anywhere, and post your trip reports here!

India?

Moderator: Robin Garr

User

Deb Hall

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:46 pm

Highlands , Louisville

India?

by Deb Hall » Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:16 pm

All,

I may be going on a business trip to India next month, and wanted to see if any of you had advice both for food and for sightseeing. About a week- my conference is in Mumbai, may have customer meetings outside Delhi, in Kerala and/or on the NorthEast coast. ( The four corners of India it seems). I will have VERY limited time to sightsee; any suggestions on where I'll want to spend a day?

Thanks.
Deb
no avatar
User

Corey A

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:44 pm

Paintsville

Re: India?

by Corey A » Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:07 pm

All I can say is that I am extremely jealous. Sorry if I'm no help, but I recently watched Anthony Bourdain visit Kerala on 'No Reservations'. It looks like a region of India with a very good street food scene.

Here is a link to the places that he visited:
http://www.travelchannel.com/TV_Shows/Anthony_Bourdain/Episodes_Travel_Guides/ci.Episode_Kerala.map
User

Deb Hall

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:46 pm

Highlands , Louisville

Re: India?

by Deb Hall » Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:30 pm

Corey A wrote:All I can say is that I am extremely jealous. Sorry if I'm no help, but I recently watched Anthony Bourdain visit Kerala on 'No Reservations'. It looks like a region of India with a very good street food scene.

Here is a link to the places that he visited:
http://www.travelchannel.com/TV_Shows/Anthony_Bourdain/Episodes_Travel_Guides/ci.Episode_Kerala.map

Corey,

Yes, ironically when I turned on "Reservations" Monday night, I was shocked/pleased to see it was for Kerala. How cool! I really want to go on one of those private luxury boats thru the backwaters, but I'm guessing it's not in my budget. :wink: :D I was however a little disappointed about the info available on the Travel Channel.com site- they don't list his entire itinerary.

Deb