Like to cook? In this forum, both amateur and pro chefs can share recipes, procedures and cooking tips and talk about local restaurant recipes.

Fresh figs are back!

User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Fresh figs are back!

by Robin Garr » Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:38 am

Found nice ripe black Mission figs at Paul's in St. Matthews yesterday, $4.99 a pint. I love this time of year!
User

Ron Johnson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:48 am

by Ron Johnson » Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:22 am

mmmm . . . figs split open, stuffed with gorgonzola, wrapped with slice of prosciutto and run under the broiler. good stuff!
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:41 am

Ron Johnson wrote:mmmm . . . figs split open, stuffed with gorgonzola, wrapped with slice of prosciutto and run under the broiler. good stuff!

Or just open the door of the fridge, cut some figs in half, dip them into a tub of mascarpone cheese and stand there in the cold draft eating them by refrigerator light. :)
User

Amy A

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:34 pm

Jeffersonville

by Amy A » Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:09 am

OMG, heaven.
User

Jon K

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:22 pm

by Jon K » Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:13 am

Robin Garr wrote:
Ron Johnson wrote:mmmm . . . figs split open, stuffed with gorgonzola, wrapped with slice of prosciutto and run under the broiler. good stuff!

Or just open the door of the fridge, cut some figs in half, dip them into a tub of mascarpone cheese and stand there in the cold draft eating them by refrigerator light. :)

OMG, you guys have just written me into a heck of an appetite and nostalgia attack. Growing up in New Orleans we had a beautiful black fig tree in the back yard. We'd go out in the morning and pick the figs for breakfast.
no avatar
User

Barb T.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:47 pm

South End

by Barb T. » Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:27 am

I've never tasted a fig, fresh that is. I figured they tasted like dates which I did not like. I did eat Fig Newton's but only because they were offered at Grandma's house. I'd nibble the cake off and then she'd say I was missing the good part so I'd eat that, too. :( So, what do they taste like? Barb T
User

James Paul

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:08 am

Seymour, Texas

by James Paul » Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:27 am

Barb T. wrote:I've never tasted a fig, fresh that is. I figured they tasted like dates which I did not like. I did eat Fig Newton's but only because they were offered at Grandma's house. I'd nibble the cake off and then she'd say I was missing the good part so I'd eat that, too. :( So, what do they taste like? Barb T

Heavenly, we had a bush in the back yard when is was a little kid.
Every days a holiday and every meals a feast !