Like to cook? In this forum, both amateur and pro chefs can share recipes, procedures and cooking tips and talk about local restaurant recipes.

Food Network's 'Awards'

User

Kim H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:07 pm

Louisville

Food Network's 'Awards'

by Kim H » Sun Apr 22, 2007 4:56 pm

Is it just me, or is this about the most insulting thing to come on this network since Doorknock Dinners???
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Food Network's 'Awards'

by Robin Garr » Sun Apr 22, 2007 5:13 pm

Kim H wrote:Is it just me, or is this about the most insulting thing to come on this network since Doorknock Dinners???

I haven't even seen it! I just don't watch Food Network like I used to. What's the gist of it, Kim?
User

Kim H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:07 pm

Louisville

by Kim H » Sun Apr 22, 2007 6:27 pm

I only saw about 2 minutes of it, Robin, as it just happened to be on that station when I got back from the store. But honestly, that was all I needed to see. It was so mock hollywood, and "the envelope please....." It's not about awards for the shows or hosts on food network, which might be more interesting (cat fight! ;o), it's 'awards' for ovens, new innovations, the latest fads, etc., as far as I can tell. Which would be fine to report, but awards? Insulting, truly. Where is the emoticon that is sticking it's finger down the throat? :wink:
User

James Paul

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:08 am

Seymour, Texas

Awards

by James Paul » Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:03 am

I am on board with Kim on this one. Food TV and it's specials leave a lot to be desired.

About the only thing I watch any more is Bobby Flay's shows, Mario Batali
and Essence.

My Double Yellow Head Mexican Parrot watches Rachel Ray and makes strange noises I think he is trying to get a word in somewhere. 8)
Every days a holiday and every meals a feast !
no avatar
User

Michelle R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed May 30, 2007 1:28 pm

Hikes Point

Re: Awards

by Michelle R. » Fri Jun 01, 2007 1:26 pm

James Paul wrote:My Double Yellow Head Mexican Parrot watches Rachel Ray and makes strange noises I think he is trying to get a word in somewhere. 8)

I, for one, wish RR would take a long walk off of a short pier. The funniest thing ever is the Rachael Ray Sux community on livejournal.