Like to cook? In this forum, both amateur and pro chefs can share recipes, procedures and cooking tips and talk about local restaurant recipes.

Steak Dianne?

User

Kim H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:07 pm

Louisville

Steak Dianne?

by Kim H » Thu Apr 19, 2007 12:00 am

Not even sure if I spelled that right, but I just watched Louisville Chefs, and Mortons did a version that seemed very different to me. I don't remember having mushrooms in it, but I will admit that only version I recall was what my mom made when I was growing up (and since, but she hasn't flamed the alcohol since she singed the ceiling that one time :oops: ). Do you all have memories or recipes of Steak Dianne with mushrooms? Just curious...
User

James Paul

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:08 am

Seymour, Texas

Re Steak Diane

by James Paul » Thu Apr 19, 2007 2:24 am

Hi Kim,

This one is pretty easy and has no mushrooms. I don't remember having as a kid because Mom probably called it something else :lol:

5 (6-14 ounce) Sirloin Steaks or 4 pounds London Broil
Salt and pepper
Canola oil, to sear steaks
1/2-ounce butter
1/2-ounce minced shallots
Brandy, splash
Dry Vermouth, splash
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
8 ounces heavy cream
5 bay leaves
4 ounces brown sauce

Season and pan sear the steaks in hot canola oil. Place on oven pan to finish cooking in a preheated 375 degree F oven. Cook to your desired doneness. Remove from the oven and set aside. Using the same pan you seared the steak in, make your sauce. First remove any excess grease. Add butter and shallots and cook until tender. Carefully flame pan with Brandy then Vermouth. Follow with the mustard, cream, bay leaves, and brown sauce. Let simmer until it starts to thicken. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve over the top of the steak

Enjoy
Every days a holiday and every meals a feast !
User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:15 pm

The purlieus of Louisville, KY

Steak Diane.

by Doogy R » Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:49 pm

This looks yummy and it uses shrooms.

http://whatscookingamerica.net/Beef/SteakDiane.htm

Great food along with great company is truly one of lifes best treasures.
User

Kim H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:07 pm

Louisville

by Kim H » Sun Apr 22, 2007 6:44 pm

Thanks James and Doogy! I love mushrooms, but Mom's version was so simple, and no shrooms. But I'm gonna try these recipes now! mmmmmmmmmm :)