Like to cook? In this forum, both amateur and pro chefs can share recipes, procedures and cooking tips and talk about local restaurant recipes.

sugar free baking

no avatar
User

Shawn Vest

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:10 pm

850 main street, charlestown, indiana

sugar free baking

by Shawn Vest » Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:06 pm

we have several diabetic customers who tend to get neglected when we bake our sweet treats

any suggestions for baking for diabetics??

thanks
shawn
Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza. D Barry
www.ctownpizzaco.com
850 MAIN 812-256-2699
no avatar
User

Scott Schamel

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:02 am

Louisville, KY

Re: sugar free baking

by Scott Schamel » Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:52 pm

I am a fan of Splenda here. I have had several requests for sugar free desserts, and the folks at Splenda were happy to help out. I went to their web site and got their customer service phone number and just gave them a call. I explained to them that we do foodservice baking, and they quickly sent out information on the regular Splenda as well as the Brown 'Sugar' Splenda and several recipes.
If you keep looking back, you will miss what's ahead....
no avatar
User

Shawn Vest

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:10 pm

850 main street, charlestown, indiana

by Shawn Vest » Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:04 pm

thanks
Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza. D Barry
www.ctownpizzaco.com
850 MAIN 812-256-2699
no avatar
User

Mandy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:41 pm

Old Louisville

by Mandy R » Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:21 am

I have to agree that using Splenda works wonders. You could also cross reference "low-carb," since a lot of attention has been made towards the craze resulting in tons of cookbooks and sites..it's basically a no sugar diet. I have been looking everywhere for the recipe to a low sugar Pumpkin Cheesecake that I have, it's impossible to tell the difference (not to mention yummy!). I may have to go dive through a couple of boxes in the basement in the morning.