Like to cook? In this forum, both amateur and pro chefs can share recipes, procedures and cooking tips and talk about local restaurant recipes.

Bread Pudding

User

Marsha L.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:56 pm

Louisville, KY

Re: Bread Pudding

by Marsha L. » Mon Mar 03, 2008 5:43 pm

One of my best dishes is the Bananas Foster Bread Pudding we serve in the winter at Cafe Lou Lou.

I totally agree, you need some good, chewy bread in there for body - for me, Blue Dog baguette is great for half of the bread cubes, but even a "french baguette" or "Italian bread" from Kroger Deli will do. But the other half, well, my friends, let me drop some science on you: try using dried cubed pound cake for your "other" bread besides the baguette.

Mine also has bananas and golden drunken raisins in it. Served with a dark rum-banana liqueur-triple sec-butter-and-brown-sugar sauce.

I challenge you all to check it out before this warm weather sticks and I have to stop making it because it's not winter anymore.

:o
Marsha Lynch
LEO columnist, free range cook/food writer/food stylist
User

Carol C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:26 pm

by Carol C » Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:49 pm

I NEVER eat desserts but this is one of the best things I have ever put in my mouth!!!! We had one last week and it was to die for--moist, rich, flavorful!! It may top the Coconut cake in my opinion. If you haven't had it, make haste to Cafe Lou Lou and try this before the weather turns warm (wishful thinking!!!). Marsha, this is a masterpiece!!!
User

Marsha L.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:56 pm

Louisville, KY

by Marsha L. » Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:17 pm

Carol C wrote:I NEVER eat desserts but this is one of the best things I have ever put in my mouth!!!! We had one last week and it was to die for--moist, rich, flavorful!! It may top the Coconut cake in my opinion. If you haven't had it, make haste to Cafe Lou Lou and try this before the weather turns warm (wishful thinking!!!). Marsha, this is a masterpiece!!!

Carol, you and Bob are what we call "Super-Regulars" at Lou Lou, so I feel really honored that you loved my bread pudding. I'd also love it if some "Lou Lou Occasionals" or "Lou Lou Virgins" would take the plunge and tell me what they think.

8)
Marsha Lynch
LEO columnist, free range cook/food writer/food stylist
Previous