Like to cook? In this forum, both amateur and pro chefs can share recipes, procedures and cooking tips and talk about local restaurant recipes.

Nitter Kibbeh

User

Kim H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:07 pm

Louisville

Nitter Kibbeh

by Kim H » Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:13 pm

Anyone know if there's somewhere I can get this pre-made? I know I could make it myself, but I plan to use it with an already rather labor-intense meal. TIA!
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Nitter Kibbeh

by Robin Garr » Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:17 pm

See if Queen of Sheba would sell you a little? Or substitute ghee from the Indian grocery next door to Shalimar?
User

Kim H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:07 pm

Louisville

by Kim H » Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:30 pm

I thought of that, Robin (Queen of Sheeba). And ghee would be a start, but there are several other ingredients involved with the Nitter, and was hoping for a shortcut. :roll:
no avatar
User

Joni L

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:04 am

by Joni L » Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:08 pm

hi Kim,

I know i'm late to the party but I found some online. On Amazon, it was touted as:
"Made with Grassfed & Certified Organic Ghee and Certified Organic Spices and Herbs. Handcrafted by The Agarwal Family that has been in the ghee business for 5-generations, since 1889." Sounds like it could be real-deal.

Here's a link to their site: www.pureindianfoods.com (hope i was allowed to post that, Robin!)

Looks like a great site for the adventurous!
Joni
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:01 pm

Joni Lemke wrote:Here's a link to their site: http://www.pureindianfoods.com (hope i was allowed to post that, Robin!)

Looks like a great site for the adventurous!
Joni

Not only allowed but worth applause, Joni! The only rule is that people don't promote their own businesses without checking in first. But recommendations from satisfied customers are great! Useful info, worth sharing. :)