Like to cook? In this forum, both amateur and pro chefs can share recipes, procedures and cooking tips and talk about local restaurant recipes.

The Olivet- New Albany

no avatar
User

Lora S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:51 am

The Olivet- New Albany

by Lora S » Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:34 pm

All-
Do yourself a favor and venture to The Olivet- Kentuckiana's newest olive oil bar. the shop is located in The Underground retail space at the foot of Bank St and about 2 blocks south of the Farmers Market. The Wife and Husband duo have the perfect space with stainless dispensers ready to pour your samples. Ranging from traditional oils to blood orange infused, smoked, or traditional garlic the oils are delicious. The vinegars are set up the same on the opposite wall. I picked up blackberry roasted pepper vinegar and some loose seasoning. The seasonings range from turmeric to chia seeds to the one I got- Napa valley rub. It has sun dried tomato Rosemary, lemon peel,fennel seed black pepper,garlic and sea salt. Guess what's for dinner at my house tonight?
New Albany and Southern Indiana should be proud to offer this. The closest thing like it is in Norton Commons. The next time you are visiting one of our fine restaurants in New Albany or shopping at one of our neat shops, be sure to schedule it around a specific visit to The Olivet. I know what everyone will be receiving as gifts from me when the occasion arises!
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: The Olivet- New Albany

by Robin Garr » Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:43 pm

Thanks, Lora! Added to my list of places to check out on the Sunny Side!