Like to cook? In this forum, both amateur and pro chefs can share recipes, procedures and cooking tips and talk about local restaurant recipes.
User

Kim H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:07 pm

Louisville

Who has the best meatloaf recipe?

by Kim H » Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:10 pm

I've been wanting to make meatloaf, and I have about a pound and a half of frozen ground chuck (80/20). I was planning to add the same amount of ground pork, some sauteed bell peppers and onions, some ketchup, touch of Worcestershire, bread crumbs in milk and an egg, topped with bacon and baked freeform. But I'm not sure I've ever made meatloaf? If I have, it's been so long, that I obviously don't remember. Am I on the right track? I have fresh thyme, garlic, and a lot off dried herbs, but not sure if I should add any these, but it seems I should add something. Looking for input please! TIA!
no avatar
User

paula.evans

{ RANK }

Just got here

Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:11 pm

Re: Who has the best meatloaf recipe?

by paula.evans » Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:57 pm

Kim, I would say that you are off to the races with your meatloaf. I usually add diced carrots, onions and peppers that I've sauted first as the husband doesn't like crunchy onions. I've never tried fresh thyme, but i will say that I love adding cumin and sometimes a little liquid smoke to give it a richer flavor. (Especially if you grill slices of it the next day for meatloaf sandwiches!)
User

Gary Guss

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:18 pm

Van down by the River

by Gary Guss » Thu Apr 21, 2016 3:17 pm

Here's mine ... the topping is good enough to just eat by itself

https://garyguss.files.wordpress.com/20 ... atloaf.pdf
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:09 pm

Here's a recipe I wrote a while back ...

http://www.wineloverspage.com/wlp_archi ... 1204.phtml