Like to cook? In this forum, both amateur and pro chefs can share recipes, procedures and cooking tips and talk about local restaurant recipes.
User

Steve P

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:18 pm

Re: Where to find habanero plants?

by Steve P » Mon May 02, 2016 1:03 am

Ghost peppers (as well as Scorpions, Carolina Reapers, etc, etc) can be grown very easily in the local climate. I've grown them for years and I'm typically harvesting the later part of Sept. or (in instances of a late spring) very early October. Starview Greenhouse/s in Henry County (5 miles north of La'Grange) on HWY 146 has anything you need...Bhut Jolokia, Carolina Reapers, Scorpions, 7 Pot, etc, etc...
Stevie P...The Daddio of the Patio
no avatar
User

Margie L

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:47 pm

by Margie L » Fri May 06, 2016 2:42 pm

I ordered a bunch of plants from http://www.chileplants.com/

They have a huge selection of pepper and tomato plants. They will come in soon, so I'll update their condition.
User

Eve Lee

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:18 pm

Highlands

by Eve Lee » Thu May 12, 2016 12:08 pm

Thanks, everyone! I went with Robin's original response and picked up a couple of tiny habenero plants at New Earth Organics yesterday—one for me, one for friends. They also had some kind of 'zavory' mild version for those who aren't ready to go full blast on the heat.

Happy gardening!
User

Eve Lee

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:18 pm

Highlands

by Eve Lee » Mon May 23, 2016 8:42 pm

Oh—and Steve P, I got a ghost pepper plant too. If I can pull that off, next year I will go for the California Reaper!
Previous