Like to cook? In this forum, both amateur and pro chefs can share recipes, procedures and cooking tips and talk about local restaurant recipes.
User

Ken Wilson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:50 pm

Louisville

lettuce-wrapped chicken... Ming Tsai?

by Ken Wilson » Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:46 pm

I've spent the morning looking online and in our recipes for a dish I think was by Ming Tsai... Chicken wrapped in steamed romaine. Ring any bells out there?
User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:15 pm

The purlieus of Louisville, KY

Re: lettuce-wrapped chicken... Ming Tsai?

by Doogy R » Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:50 am

Ken Wilson wrote:I've spent the morning looking online and in our recipes for a dish I think was by Ming Tsai... Chicken wrapped in steamed romaine. Ring any bells out there?

This may not be the exact recipe, but it may suffice.

http://www.mingspantry.com/hoismarchicw.html

It also might be a good idea to go to a bookstore and look for his recipe books. That recipe might be in one of the books and you could write it down, or take a quick pic of the page with your cell phone camera.
Great food along with great company is truly one of lifes best treasures.
User

Ethan Ray

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:30 pm

by Ethan Ray » Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:34 pm

I just check the Blue Ginger cookbook and it's not in there.

Perhaps it's from Simply Ming?
Ethan Ray

I put vegetables in your desserts, white chocolate with your fish and other nonsense stuff that you think shouldn't make sense, but coax the nonsense into something that makes complete sense in your mouth. Just open your mind, mouth and eat.
User

Jay M.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:09 pm

by Jay M. » Sat Jan 26, 2008 3:15 pm

Doogy R wrote:...That recipe might be in one of the books and you could write it down, or take a quick pic of the page with your cell phone camera.

Or, maybe he could just steal the book? :shock:
User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Doogy R » Sat Jan 26, 2008 3:19 pm

Jay M. wrote:
Doogy R wrote:...That recipe might be in one of the books and you could write it down, or take a quick pic of the page with your cell phone camera.

Or, maybe he could just steal the book? :shock:

I reckon the answer to that question would be where his ethics lie. Personally, I wouldn't steal the book, but I would take a pic of the recipe. In a way, I suppose that could be seen as theft, but I didn't physically take the unpaid book from the store. See how easy it is to qualify certain things in life. :D

Oh, and if the cookbook were good enough, I'd buy the whole thing...LOL. :lol:
User

Ken Wilson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:50 pm

Louisville

by Ken Wilson » Sat Jan 26, 2008 3:24 pm

Hey, you guys have been helpful... but now you're leading me into a life of crime! Thanks, doogie - good recipe, but not the one I remember. As best I recall I got it from Ming Tsai's East Meets West on Food TV a number of years ago. It was a pretty labor-intensive recipe involving wilting romaine and wrapping it around maybe chicken paillard. I remember lime, lemongrass... I will go to a bookstore - but not do crimes!
User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

lettuce-wrapped chicken... Ming Tsai?

by Doogy R » Sat Jan 26, 2008 3:51 pm

Ken Wilson wrote:Hey, you guys have been helpful... but now you're leading me into a life of crime! Thanks, doogie - good recipe, but not the one I remember. As best I recall I got it from Ming Tsai's East Meets West on Food TV a number of years ago. It was a pretty labor-intensive recipe involving wilting romaine and wrapping it around maybe chicken paillard. I remember lime, lemongrass... I will go to a bookstore - but not do crimes!

When you find the recipe, legally or illegally, will you please post it here? :roll:

I don't know if I'll receive a reply, but I e-mailed Ming asking for the recipe. If he sends it, I'll post it.