Like to cook? In this forum, both amateur and pro chefs can share recipes, procedures and cooking tips and talk about local restaurant recipes.

Sashimi Grade Tuna

no avatar
User

Jenny H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:14 pm

Sashimi Grade Tuna

by Jenny H » Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:12 pm

Does anyone in town sell Sashimi grade tuna for use in sushi? Thanks for the help!
no avatar
User

Michelle R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed May 30, 2007 1:28 pm

Hikes Point

by Michelle R. » Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:03 pm

My dad has gotten it at Fresh Market on Shelbyville Rd.
"If you're gonna be a bear, be a grizzly!"
no avatar
User

Jenny H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:14 pm

by Jenny H » Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:47 pm

Thanks! I'll try there. I was wondering about the seafood market there in Middletown by Pauls as well. I tried at Whole Foods tonight with no success.
User

Ken Wilson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:50 pm

Louisville

by Ken Wilson » Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:30 am

Shouldn't we have more top-end and large seafood stores? I've been told that because of UPS, we have the freshest fish in the country outside of the coasts (everything stops at our hub first).
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:56 am

Jenny H wrote:Thanks! I'll try there. I was wondering about the seafood market there in Middletown by Pauls as well. I tried at Whole Foods tonight with no success.

Highland Fish, the place in Middletown, has excellent fish. Ask the proprietors (who occasionally hang out on the forum) about sashimi grade. They may have it, or may be able to get it on special order.

Seafood Connection in St. Matthews (same shopping center with Paul's produce market and Rick's Ferrari Grille) also has very high quality fish, and can be trusted to tell you if the fish are sashimi-grade.
no avatar
User

NicoleC

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:09 pm

Cherokee Triangle

by NicoleC » Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:40 pm

We got some excellent sashimi-grade tuna from Seafood Connection recently. It was my first time buying fish there and I will definitely go back; I thought it was priced reasonably, too.