Like to cook? In this forum, both amateur and pro chefs can share recipes, procedures and cooking tips and talk about local restaurant recipes.

Sticky Toffee Pudding

no avatar
User

Leah A

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Dec 25, 2007 1:00 pm

Elizabethtown

Sticky Toffee Pudding

by Leah A » Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:08 pm

I saw an episode of Rick Stein's Food Heroes on the BBC and he talked about a dessert called Sticky Toffee Pudding. I have found several recipes on the internet but have been unable to find his particular recipe. Does anyone have his recipe or a recipe of their own that they would suggest? I can't wait to try it, he made it look so yummy on his show. Also, are there any restaurants in Louisville that serve sticky toffee pudding?
User

Daniel Raines

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:21 pm

by Daniel Raines » Mon Dec 31, 2007 9:33 am

I absolutely love STP even though it is very sweet and I normally don't go for real sweet desserts.

I made one once and I believe I found the recipe on "The Fresh Market" website. It turned out real well.

I have also ordered from the English Pudding Company (out of California I believe) and thought theirs was excellent.

Just and opinion, good luck.
no avatar
User

Alanna H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:11 pm

Colorado Springs

by Alanna H » Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:40 pm

The Haagen-Dazs Sticky Toffee Pudding ice cream is incredible. I've never had the actual dessert but do have a slight addiction to the ice cream!
User

David R. Pierce

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:02 pm

Re: Sticky Toffee Pudding

by David R. Pierce » Fri Jan 04, 2008 1:43 pm

Leah A wrote:I saw an episode of Rick Stein's Food Heroes on the BBC and he talked about a dessert called Sticky Toffee Pudding. I have found several recipes on the internet but have been unable to find his particular recipe. Does anyone have his recipe or a recipe of their own that they would suggest? I can't wait to try it, he made it look so yummy on his show. Also, are there any restaurants in Louisville that serve sticky toffee pudding?

The Irish Rover has STP.
Cheers,
David R. Pierce
The Original BBC Brewmaster
Bluegrass Brewing Co.
St. Matthews branch
Craft Brewing Louisville continuously since 1992
no avatar
User

Kimberly W

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:22 pm

STP Recipe

by Kimberly W » Fri Jan 04, 2008 3:00 pm

Gourmet magazine has a recipe for Sticky Toffee Pudding that sounds pretty darn good...

Here is the link:

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/231668
no avatar
User

Leah A

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Dec 25, 2007 1:00 pm

Elizabethtown

by Leah A » Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:30 am

Thanks for everyone's help. I finally tried it this weekend and it was really good. The warm toffee on top of the cake is truly decadent. I found a recipe on Chowhound which was very easy. Here's a link if anyone is interested.

http://www.chow.com/recipes/10973