Like to cook? In this forum, both amateur and pro chefs can share recipes, procedures and cooking tips and talk about local restaurant recipes.

Beer Cheese

User

Gayle DeM

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:42 pm

Beer Cheese

by Gayle DeM » Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:13 am

I would like to purchase some beer cheese as a snack for my Derby house guests. What is the best kind/brand? Where do I purchase it?
"I didn't fight my way to the top of the food chain to be a vegetarian" -Erma Bombeck
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Beer Cheese

by Robin Garr » Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:43 pm

They had some good house-made stuff out for sampling at Lotsa Pasta the other day. I started to say Paul's, but I think it's their spicy pimento cheese that's awesome; I'm not sure if they have beer cheese.

Call Lotsa, though, and see if they have it regularly or if it was just a special? It was really good. :-9
User

Jay M.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:09 pm

by Jay M. » Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:24 pm

Gayle,

I don't think you can go wrong with the house-made products from Lotsa Pasta or Paul's, as Robin says. Also, I think the Dad's brand of spreads is very good. I don't know if they make a traditional beer cheese that you're looking for, but the products I've tried are tasty. I've seen them at the Douglass Loop Farmers Market and the St. Matthews FM. I'm sure they're offered at retail, too - I might have seen them at Kroger.
User

JustinHammond

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:26 pm

Lyndon, KY 40222

by JustinHammond » Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:13 am

I'd get a few orders of the pretzel and beer cheese from Holy Grale.
"The idea is to eat well and not die from it-for the simple reason that that would be the end of your eating." - Jim Harrison

https://www.facebook.com/Louisville-Eat ... 129849554/