Like to cook? In this forum, both amateur and pro chefs can share recipes, procedures and cooking tips and talk about local restaurant recipes.
no avatar
User

Ellen White

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:00 pm

st. matthews

tomato paste in a tube

by Ellen White » Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:03 am

does anyone sell it here? saw it on giada's show and it looked like a good idea.
User

Beth K.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed May 23, 2007 2:18 pm

by Beth K. » Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:34 am

I've definitely seen it at Kroger
User

Beth K.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed May 23, 2007 2:18 pm

by Beth K. » Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:35 am

I should add also that I remember it being a bit expensive - much more so than cans.
no avatar
User

Robin F.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:50 am

by Robin F. » Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:54 am

Lotsa Pasta has it and I've seen it at World Market.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:59 am

Beth K. wrote:I should add also that I remember it being a bit expensive - much more so than cans.

Although the argument on the other side of that coin is that some people buy a can to use 1 tablespoon and then end up throwing out the can when the contents turn black, so in the long run the tube is more economical.

Personally, I buy it by the can, empty the can into a sandwich bag, flatten it into a disk and pop it in the freezer. When I want a little, just break off a chunk. Works for me!

I'm 100 percent sure that Lotsa Pasta has the tubes, and if you want to try it, I hope you'll support this great local business.
User

Jay M.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:09 pm

by Jay M. » Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:28 am

I got mine at The Fresh Market (but would also encourage you to visit Lotsa Pasta).

(everything Giada does is a good idea :) )
no avatar
User

robert szappanos

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:17 pm

louisville, ky

by robert szappanos » Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:03 pm

Wal Mart and meijers both carry it.... :)
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:10 pm

robert szappanos wrote:Wal Mart and meijers both carry it.... :)

Which part of "I hope you'll support this great local business" did you fail to comprehend?
no avatar
User

robert szappanos

{ RANK }

Foodie

louisville, ky

by robert szappanos » Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:20 pm

They are local...They have people in the store that actually live here and have a job....and they give millions each year to LOCAL charities....yes they are local Robin.... :roll:
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:27 pm

robert szappanos wrote:They are local...They have people in the store that actually live here and have a job....and they give millions each year to LOCAL charities....yes they are local Robin.... :roll:

Where does top management reside? Where are the stockholders?
no avatar
User

Ellen White

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:00 pm

st. matthews

tomato paste in a tube

by Ellen White » Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:54 pm

Thanks everybody. Of course, an hour after I typed it, I thought of Lotsa Pasta. I will probably get some, although Robin's idea sounds great, too!
no avatar
User

robert szappanos

{ RANK }

Foodie

louisville, ky

by robert szappanos » Fri Dec 21, 2007 5:22 pm

and were does all of the people that it employees spend ther money in louisville...Speaking of stockholders...There seem to be a lot of smart people on this forum....Do you invest your money...I bet you do and I bet they are large companies...and you hope they do real good...
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Fri Dec 21, 2007 6:17 pm

robert szappanos wrote:and were does all of the people that it employees spend ther money in louisville...Speaking of stockholders...There seem to be a lot of smart people on this forum....Do you invest your money...I bet you do and I bet they are large companies...and you hope they do real good...

Right, all those international corporations are really looking out for us in Louisville, just like Gannett.

Look, I'm going to make this real simple: If you feel a need to promote the interests of national corporate interests over local, independent businesses, you have a right to that opinion, but you're not going to make many points by expressing it around here, where we affirmatively support the local companies that make and keep Louisville weird.

I would strongly suggest that you consider the good advice of the Old Rail Splitter when he said, "It is better to remain silent and be thought dumb, than to speak and remove all doubt."
no avatar
User

Lori R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:20 pm

East End, Louisville

by Lori R. » Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:46 pm

I've have purchased tomato paste in a tube at Liquor Barn and the Prospect Party Center.

I also really like Robin's suggestion...will try this once the tube is gone!
User

Jay M.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:09 pm

by Jay M. » Sat Dec 22, 2007 3:14 pm

Beth K. wrote:I should add also that I remember it being a bit expensive - much more so than cans.

At Lotsa Pasta today:

4.5 oz tube ("double concentrated"): $3.49
6 oz can: $ 0.99
Next