Like to cook? In this forum, both amateur and pro chefs can share recipes, procedures and cooking tips and talk about local restaurant recipes.
User

Gayle DeM

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:42 pm

The Christmas Recipe I Think I Can Live Without

by Gayle DeM » Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:29 am

I try to do a least some traditional dishes of my Norwegian heritage for Christmas each year. But this is a new one. Colleen, have you heard of this dish?

Home Made Pinnekjøtt
no avatar
User

C. Devlin

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:42 pm

by C. Devlin » Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:35 pm

I'll make a deal with you. I'll give you 4 dozen fattigmands next year if you have us over for Pinnekjøtt :D .

I've never heard of it either, but anything that involves nailing a potato and using a sawzall sounds so... festive. Or maybe it's the Norwegian man's version of grilling. I mean, it sounded harmless enough to start.... "Get the lamb." Although that's not necessarily easy where I live.... But okay, a short drive to Louisville. But then it starts to sound like something on the order of The Texas Chainsaw Massacre. Anything that takes three people to grapple with in order to dismember and still puts any one of them at risk of losing a limb sounds quite a lot more adventuresome than I feel up to. Although I'm thinking Gary and a couple of our neighbors might find it an interesting challenge. Especially after a beer or two. And by that time I'm thinking I'd just have to leave the house because the notion of the impending carnage would be way too scary.

Wow. :shock:

But really, it sounds fabulous. Those Vikings sure knew how to party.