Like to cook? In this forum, both amateur and pro chefs can share recipes, procedures and cooking tips and talk about local restaurant recipes.
User

Carol C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:26 pm

Shack in the Back's smoked ham!

by Carol C » Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:54 pm

We had a smoked ham from Shack in the Back BBQ for Thanksgiving and I truly think it was the best ham that I have ever put in my mouth! It was extremely moist and tender and had a fantastic flavor. They also do turkeys but we just had the ham this time. I know they are doing both again for Christmas. We would definitely recommend the ham--we'll certainly be doing another one soon! The hock is presently cooking with a big pot of beans :D
User

Deb Hall

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:46 pm

Highlands , Louisville

Re: Shack in the Back's smoked ham!

by Deb Hall » Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:16 pm

Carol,
Yum! Do they only sell it by the whole ham, or can I buy some by the lb to try it first?

Thanks,
Deb
User

Carol C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:26 pm

Re: Shack in the Back's smoked ham!

by Carol C » Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:20 am

Deb,
I honestly don't know--if they don't, they should! I'd give them a call. They have a website, http://shackinthebackbbq.com/, also a good Facebook page with pics. People who were here Thanksgiving actually called me to say how great the ham was! If you find out, I would love to know but will probably get another whole ham to have over Christmas. Also, I made your wonderful Cranberry Sauce recipe again this year as it is always a huge hit. Froze what little was left--it goes sooo well with turkey and the ham!!!
Carol