Like to cook? In this forum, both amateur and pro chefs can share recipes, procedures and cooking tips and talk about local restaurant recipes.

Shack in the Back's smoked ham!

no avatar
User

Carol C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:26 pm

Shack in the Back's smoked ham!

by Carol C » Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:54 pm

We had a smoked ham from Shack in the Back BBQ for Thanksgiving and I truly think it was the best ham that I have ever put in my mouth! It was extremely moist and tender and had a fantastic flavor. They also do turkeys but we just had the ham this time. I know they are doing both again for Christmas. We would definitely recommend the ham--we'll certainly be doing another one soon! The hock is presently cooking with a big pot of beans :D
no avatar
User

Deb Hall

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:46 pm

Highlands , Louisville

Re: Shack in the Back's smoked ham!

by Deb Hall » Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:16 pm

Carol,
Yum! Do they only sell it by the whole ham, or can I buy some by the lb to try it first?

Thanks,
Deb
no avatar
User

Carol C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:26 pm

Re: Shack in the Back's smoked ham!

by Carol C » Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:20 am

Deb,
I honestly don't know--if they don't, they should! I'd give them a call. They have a website, http://shackinthebackbbq.com/, also a good Facebook page with pics. People who were here Thanksgiving actually called me to say how great the ham was! If you find out, I would love to know but will probably get another whole ham to have over Christmas. Also, I made your wonderful Cranberry Sauce recipe again this year as it is always a huge hit. Froze what little was left--it goes sooo well with turkey and the ham!!!
Carol