Like to cook? In this forum, both amateur and pro chefs can share recipes, procedures and cooking tips and talk about local restaurant recipes.

peanut butter cookies....

no avatar
User

Becky M

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Jun 07, 2008 5:02 pm

the other side of the river.....

peanut butter cookies....

by Becky M » Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:47 am

hey old friends..... i have never made peanut butter cookies before. but.... am going to try them for the kiddos. i have no point of reference as far as recipes go and i really trust my forumites.

any suggestions.......

sorry... was supposed to be cookies
Last edited by Becky M on Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User

Deb Hall

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:46 pm

Highlands , Louisville

Re: peanut butter coolies.....

by Deb Hall » Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:45 pm

Becky-

So I'm guessing you meant cookies ? :wink:

My peanut butter cookie recipe is from the Betty Crocker cookbook- same ones my Mom made for me. http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/pea ... 8003acce2d

The only variations I do are :
1) go heavy with the sugar on the fork at the end
2) for the chocolate peanut butter lovers, I sometimes put an unwrapped Hershey kiss in the middle of the cookie ( no flattening with a fork. )

Have fun!
Deb
no avatar
User

Michael Mattingly

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:46 am

Paris, France

by Michael Mattingly » Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:16 am

I've been experimenting with peanut butter cookies recently & this is the easiest & best recipe so far.

Makes 6 large cookies.

• 1 cup peanut butter
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 tsp. vanilla extract

Combine the ingredients with a wooden spoon in a mixing bowl, spoon them on to a baking pan with parchment paper, flatten them with a fork (they keep nearly the same shape), bake at 325F for 12-15 minutes. cool them on a wired rack & enjoy.
Last edited by Michael Mattingly on Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:20 pm

Mary made these for us, and they were awesome. They come out square, but they really do taste like Reese's Cups, if Reese's Cups were made from high-quality ingredients. :mrgreen: What's more, they're no-bake cookies. Just assemble and refrigerate and they're good to go. I like Reese's Cups, and these, frozen, but that's just me. They're good straight from the fridge, too. I wouldn't serve them at room temp, though.

Normally I would post a link, but Chrome warns me that this site, which was okay last month, is infected with malware, so I'm going to copy the recipe I pulled from the site previously rather than post a link.

Reese's-Like Peanut Butter Bars
...from the kitchen of One Perfect Bite courtesy of Food.com

Ingredients:
1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1 pound confectioners' sugar (3 to 3 1/2 cups)
1-1/2 cups + 2 teaspoons peanut butter, divided use
1 cup butter, melted
1 (12 ounce) bag chocolate chips (milk chocolate, semi-sweet,bittersweet or combination)

Directions:
1) Line a 9 x 13-inch pan with foil, leaving enough to hang over sides for lifting. Mist foil with nonstick spray. Set aside.
2) Combine graham crumbs, sugar and 1-1/2 cups peanut butter in a large bowl and mix well. Blend in melted butter until well combined. Press mixture evenly into prepared pan.
3) Combine 2 teaspoons peanut butter and chocolate chips in top of a double boiler or in a microwave bowl. Melt and stir together. Spread over peanut butter mixture.
4) Chill until just set. Use foil handles to lift from pan. Cut into bars (these are very hard to cut if the chocolate gets "rock hard". Yield: 36 bars
no avatar
User

Becky M

{ RANK }

Foodie

Re: peanut butter cookies....

by Becky M » Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:34 pm

thanks for the recipes.... Deb i have the Betty Crocker recipe mixed and in the fridge. the kids and i will bake them tomorrow.... because according to the boys making the criss cross with the fork is "making cookies" :wink: :wink: :wink: the only change i made was adding a touch of vanilla.

i wanted to compare so i also made the short recipe cookies. with some changes... no offense, i just always tweak recipes as i "feel" along.

this is what i did.....

1 cup pb (maybe a teeny bit more but not more than 1/4 cup more)
3/4 cup white sugar
1/4 brown sugar
1 large egg
some splashes of vanilla (but no more than a tablespoon)
pinch of salt
a couple of good pinches of baking soda
some butter flavored shortening (about a tablespoon but surely no more than two)

i got about 20 cookies out of this. they were very, very good. very sweet though. but the kids loved them.

i baked them at 325 for about 12 to 14 minutes. the ones that cooked longer were a bit crisper. which they preferred.

here they are......

http://s1102.photobucket.com/albums/g45 ... bb8e0c.jpg

(i tried to upload the photo direct...but blah... i couldnt get the sizing right. sorry!
no avatar
User

Becky M

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Becky M » Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:40 pm

Robin.... those sound sooo good. i just read the recipe and process to my daughter. i said, it sounds really sweet. her response: i dont care, you HAVE to make those! lol

i think i will make them this weekend when my oldest daughter gets back from bible camp. i will need the entire gang to work on them.

oh....and cool on the frozen Reese's! im not a huge chocolate fan, but i like to put a reeses and kisses in the freezer for myself.
User

Gayle DeM

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:42 pm

by Gayle DeM » Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:09 am

Becky, this isn't your run-of-the-mill peanut butter cookie, but . . .

PEANUT BUTTER "BUCKEYE" PRETZEL BITES (from FB Friends Recipes)

1 cup creamy peanut butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 Tbs softened butter
1/2 cup powdered sugar
minature pretzels
1 bag of chocolate chips or Merkins Choc. wafers

Line a baking sheet with wax paper and set aside. In mixing bowl, beat peanut butter and butter until combined. Add sugars and mix well. You should be able to roll mixture into small balls without sticking to your hands. If needed, add more powdered sugar until it is easy to roll. Take each ball and sandwich between two pretzels. Place on wax paper. When done, stick in the freezer for a few minutes. Melt the chocolate (I used Merkins Choc. wafers - easier to work with). Dip each pretzel bite halfway into the chocolate and place on wax paper to set.
"I didn't fight my way to the top of the food chain to be a vegetarian" -Erma Bombeck
User

Carla G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:01 am

by Carla G » Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:58 am

Gayle DeM wrote:Becky, this isn't your run-of-the-mill peanut butter cookie, but . . .

PEANUT BUTTER "BUCKEYE" PRETZEL BITES (from FB Friends Recipes)

1 cup creamy peanut butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 Tbs softened butter
1/2 cup powdered sugar
minature pretzels
1 bag of chocolate chips or Merkins Choc. wafers

Line a baking sheet with wax paper and set aside. In mixing bowl, beat peanut butter and butter until combined. Add sugars and mix well. You should be able to roll mixture into small balls without sticking to your hands. If needed, add more powdered sugar until it is easy to roll. Take each ball and sandwich between two pretzels. Place on wax paper. When done, stick in the freezer for a few minutes. Melt the chocolate (I used Merkins Choc. wafers - easier to work with). Dip each pretzel bite halfway into the chocolate and place on wax paper to set.

Just saw this. This would be a great recipe to cook in the kitchen with my kiddos.
Thanks!
"She did not so much cook as assassinate food." - Storm Jameson