Like to cook? In this forum, both amateur and pro chefs can share recipes, procedures and cooking tips and talk about local restaurant recipes.

Wolfgang Puck's Frozen Pizza

no avatar
User

Steve Saks

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri May 11, 2007 7:14 pm

Eastern Louisville - Polo Fields

Wolfgang Puck's Frozen Pizza

by Steve Saks » Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:12 pm

Hey there, everyone.

I'm a huge pizza fan.....being from New York will do that to you. (Oh...Original Rays, how I miss thee!!)
On occasions when I cant make it over to Hero's pizza for my fix and just dont feel like going out, I'll have a frozen pizza. (Note: this is not a regular occurance and frozen pizza is in no way a good substitute for real pizza.)

My choice has, for some time, been Red Barons French Bread Pizza. I have a real problem with the sauce on most frozen pizzas and the sauce on the Red Barons pizza isnt too bad, so I can deal with it.

During my last round of food shopping I came across Wolfgang Puck's frozen pizzas and decided to try one out. (and, yes...I'm a fan of Wolfgangs. I own a great deal of his cookware and like it alot.)

Well, I will never eat another Red Baron pizza again. Wolfgang's pizza kicks @ss!! I had the uncured pepperoni pizza and the crust had a real amazing taste. The sauce was mild, not imposing at all. It could have used some more cheese, but I'm a cheese person and order pizzas with extra cheese regularly.

So...there you have it....Steve's recommendation.

Now that I have your attention.... I would also like a moment to rant.

I'm sure that everyone here has tasted pepperoni before, right? Both in sandwiches and on pizza. My question: Why cant I get uncooked pepperoni on my pizza? Many of the places I go to will not serve me uncooked pepperoni....they say it's against health codes or somesuch other garbage. It's pepperoni, people....it's a COLD-cut!!
I dont like my pepperoni crunchy...I like it in it's natural, uncooked, wild state.

(Mind you, this rant is not aimed at Hero's pizza. They have no problem forking over the pepperoni on the side for me.)

Well, that's it. I gave both praise and admonition today.

Have a good day, all.

Steve
User

Mary Anne

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:31 am

Louisville: Highlands

by Mary Anne » Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:47 pm

http://www.americanflatbread.com/ I get their frozen pizza at Whole Foods. I am not much of a crust eater, the pizza bones generally get pitched at my house, but this crust is so crunchy/tender/smoky/good I eat it all. For a frozen za it is really really good...
no avatar
User

robert szappanos

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:17 pm

louisville, ky

by robert szappanos » Fri Nov 16, 2007 3:51 pm

You see there are good frozen pizzas out there....