Like to cook? In this forum, both amateur and pro chefs can share recipes, procedures and cooking tips and talk about local restaurant recipes.

metal racks

User

RebeccaWebb

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:54 am

Lexington, KY

metal racks

by RebeccaWebb » Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:17 pm

I have a question and a request.

Typically, what is the price for a used shelf unit (5 shelves) that you would find at a restaurant? We have bought some at Sam's Club in the past for about $100 and tonight, Billy went to a restaurant supply place here in Lexington to pick up some used units. The man quoted him $900 each, justifying the cost based on a lifetime warranty (I think) and the superior ability to handle more weight.

Needless to say, we didn't purchase any at this point, which brings me to my request. Do any of the restaurants have any shelves that are old and no longer wanted?? Maybe you have found yourself with too many and there is an extra one just taking up space. We would be glad to take it out of your way. :D

Thanks!
Rebecca Phillips Webb
User

Beth K.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed May 23, 2007 2:18 pm

by Beth K. » Sat Nov 10, 2007 4:06 pm

Rebecca,
I have seen the same shelves at Home Depot, Target, Lowes and K-Mart. I bought some at Home Depot only to return them b/c I found them on sale (for like $50!) at K-Mart. They were the same quality as the ones I bought from Home Depot. They are very durable. I have mine in my kitchen loaded up with stuff, including heavy kitchen appliances.
User

Deb Hall

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:46 pm

Highlands , Louisville

by Deb Hall » Sat Nov 10, 2007 6:49 pm

Rebecca,

We bought all of our Metro-type shelving from Sam's and were VERY pleased with the product. Very heavy duty- we put all our jars of product on them with no issues what so ever. True Metro costs ALOT more, but personally, unless you need them to go in refrigeration or our stacking extremely heavy itemsa, I don't see the point for standard shelving configurations.

We don't have any stand-alone shelving yet- it went first thing. But we do have a true Metro wall shelf to go over a sink/tri-bowl. 2 shelves- never used. PM me if you have a use.

DEb
User

Lori Cundiff

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:49 pm

by Lori Cundiff » Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:41 pm

I really don't know about a quality comparison, but we have some from Target that do all we need them to do for basement storage. They are in their flier in the paper today on sale for $30!
no avatar
User

Gretchen D.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:18 pm

the Highlands

by Gretchen D. » Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:45 pm

Try Costco. I have seen racks like these in the aisle with the tool stuff. Costco has a great satisfaction policy... although I have never been disappointed with the stuff I buy there!
User

RebeccaWebb

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:54 am

Lexington, KY

by RebeccaWebb » Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:38 am

Thanks everyone for your ideas. I will check them out.
Rebecca Phillips Webb