Like to cook? In this forum, both amateur and pro chefs can share recipes, procedures and cooking tips and talk about local restaurant recipes.

Phillo dough

User

Carla G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:01 am

Phillo dough

by Carla G » Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:38 am

Anybody have a good , savory, recipe using Phillo dough? I tried one with ham, pineapple, goat cheese and honestly it was kind of mehhh. A great deal of work for such crappy results. I have learned my lesson, always ask the pros here at LHB.
"She did not so much cook as assassinate food." - Storm Jameson
User

Deb Hall

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:46 pm

Highlands , Louisville

Re: Phillo dough

by Deb Hall » Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:20 am

Carla,

Are you looking for an appetizer, or a main course? I assume you plan to use store-bought phyllo - right?

Found this one on epicurious- Read the reviews for the "joke" which you will probably appreciate given your recent work with phyllo:
http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Three-Cheese-Phyllo-Triangles-with-Onions-and-Yogurt-109733
:lol:

Deb
no avatar
User

Madeline M

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:17 pm

Greater 'burbs of Detroit

by Madeline M » Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:39 am

There is something like this recipe http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/greens- ... 000226582/ I'd add some garlic and a touch of nutmeg to it. Just be sure to let the mixture cool first.

A place I used to work at would cut 4x4 squares and bake it so it would puff slightly, then cover it with a creamy chicken pot pie mixture. Was awesome! If you are looking for an appetizer, you could line muffin cups with the phyllo and put in a chicken pot pie type mixture.
User

Carla G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:01 am

by Carla G » Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:13 pm

These were what I was looking for. Thanks again.
"She did not so much cook as assassinate food." - Storm Jameson