Like to cook? In this forum, both amateur and pro chefs can share recipes, procedures and cooking tips and talk about local restaurant recipes.

Fresh Duck

User

Mark Head

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:44 pm

Prospect

Fresh Duck

by Mark Head » Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:25 pm

Anyone one know if the Asian grocery stores in town have fresh duck - either whole or quartered? If not any other source?
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Fresh Duck

by Robin Garr » Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:28 pm

The folks at Sheltowee Farm mushrooms have a contact with a local duck producer. I haven't seen Rebecca Webb around the forum for a while, but you might be able to find an Email link if you search for her in the forum membership list.
User

Mark Head

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:44 pm

Prospect

by Mark Head » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:21 pm

Robin Garr wrote:The folks at Sheltowee Farm mushrooms have a contact with a local duck producer. I haven't seen Rebecca Webb around the forum for a while, but you might be able to find an Email link if you search for her in the forum membership list.

Thanks Robin.
User

Ken B

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:41 pm

by Ken B » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:12 pm

The Mennonite farmer who runs Ridge Acre farms that is a t Douglass Loop and Gray Street farmer's markets and supplies the Root Cellar raises and sells ducks, though they are frozen. But given enough time you might be able to work something out where you are getting afresh one from him. I don't think he processes his own poultry, but I may be wrong.
The Wine Market
1200 Bardstown Road, Louisville, KY