Like to cook? In this forum, both amateur and pro chefs can share recipes, procedures and cooking tips and talk about local restaurant recipes.
no avatar
User

Steve Saks

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri May 11, 2007 7:14 pm

Eastern Louisville - Polo Fields

Pignoli Cookies (or Almond Macroons)

by Steve Saks » Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:23 am

Being from New York, I have a serious passion for italian cookies. (Did I mention that I'm italian?) One of my favorites has always been the Pignoli cookies, except I prefer them without the nuts. (I would make a deal with my local baker to make a batch of the cookies without the nuts. He told me that these were Almond Macroons. Awesome....just awesome.)

I havent had a real luck finding a good recipe. Every recipe I find makes flat hard cookies. I'm looking for some nicely shaped cookies, a little crunchy on the outside but soft and moist on the inside.

If anyone could help, I'd bake you a batch!!

Thanks,

Steve
User

Beth K.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed May 23, 2007 2:18 pm

by Beth K. » Fri Oct 19, 2007 12:37 pm

Steve,
You should check out the foodtv website and look specifically for recipes from Giada Delaurentis (I don't know that to be the correct spelling). Her recipes seem pretty authentic.
User

Suzi Bernert

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:08 pm

Louisville, KY

by Suzi Bernert » Fri Oct 19, 2007 5:31 pm

I am on my way out of town, but when i get home on Sun I'll get my Christmas cookie recipes out. I have a recipe for them that my daughter got for me from her NJ mother-in-law. Sounds just like what you are looking for.
Retired from LMEMS
Co-Founder and House Mother
Berndows Enterprise
"Time to eat?"