Like to cook? In this forum, both amateur and pro chefs can share recipes, procedures and cooking tips and talk about local restaurant recipes.

Feel the need to brag a bit...

User

BevP

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat May 01, 2010 11:06 pm

Bullitt County KY

Feel the need to brag a bit...

by BevP » Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:28 pm

Not sure if this is the right forum or not but my 26 yr old son is about to go from home cook to student cook..Lord willing and after his admission test tomorrow he will begin the Baking and Pastry program at Sullivan Jan 3rd.
This has been is dream to attend Sullivan since he was a child so he is very close...please say a little prayer for him tomorrow. Thanks
User

Marsha L.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:56 pm

Louisville, KY

Re: Feel the need to brag a bit...

by Marsha L. » Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:47 pm

BevP wrote:Not sure if this is the right forum or not but my 26 yr old son is about to go from home cook to student cook..Lord willing and after his admission test tomorrow he will begin the Baking and Pastry program at Sullivan Jan 3rd.
This has been is dream to attend Sullivan since he was a child so he is very close...please say a little prayer for him tomorrow. Thanks

Bev, as you may know, I work there and am also a graduate. Let me assure you and your son that the admissions test will be no barrier to his entry...basically they are taking a reading to see what level class of the academic requirements he will need to start on. In the cooking classes, everyone starts at the same level. In other words, they will use the tests to determine which math and english class levels he'll need to take. Believe me, he will be in a kitchen on January 3rd if he wants to be! Tell him to come introduce himself to me next month.
Marsha Lynch
LEO columnist, free range cook/food writer/food stylist
no avatar
User

Becky M

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Jun 07, 2008 5:02 pm

the other side of the river.....

by Becky M » Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:11 pm

Congrats to him Bev.... and from one Mother to another...... Brag on! A mother's love is all encompassing and so unconditional, it is beautiful to see it come to fruition in our children's success.
User

BevP

{ RANK }

Foodie

Bullitt County KY

by BevP » Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:03 pm

Thanks so much for the encouraging words.I went with Matt,my son, on his tour and everyone was so positive and really seemed happy to be there, from students to staff. I will keep giving updates as his journey progresses.
no avatar
User

Madeline M

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:17 pm

Greater 'burbs of Detroit

by Madeline M » Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:43 pm

Congrats to your son! That is so exciting!! I'm sure he'll have a lot of fun!
User

BevP

{ RANK }

Foodie

Bullitt County KY

by BevP » Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:11 pm

Just a brief update ...Marsha you were right, no problem with the test even qualified for some scholarship money. Matt got his student ID and class schedule today. :D
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:16 pm

BevP wrote:Just a brief update ...Marsha you were right, no problem with the test even qualified for some scholarship money. Matt got his student ID and class schedule today. :D

Woohoo! Congrats! I look forward to reviewing his work when he's a chef some day. :mrgreen:
User

Antonia L

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:28 am

Cherokee Triangle

by Antonia L » Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:10 am

Congratulations to Matt and your family! How wonderful to realize a dream.
User

BevP

{ RANK }

Foodie

Bullitt County KY

by BevP » Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:26 pm

Thanks Antonia, and Robin...Oh and Gee thanks Robin for another thing for me to worry about :roll:
Just kidding ..I know that will be a while...
User

Marsha L.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:56 pm

Louisville, KY

by Marsha L. » Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:21 pm

BevP wrote:Just a brief update ...Marsha you were right, no problem with the test even qualified for some scholarship money. Matt got his student ID and class schedule today. :D

Hooray! Welcome, Matt!
Marsha Lynch
LEO columnist, free range cook/food writer/food stylist
User

BevP

{ RANK }

Foodie

Bullitt County KY

by BevP » Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:08 pm

I am bumping up this old thread just to let you guys know that with all the craziness with #1 son #2 has managed to about finish his Associate in Baking and Pastry has like a week and a half more to go and has all A's this quarter and B+ overall :D
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:06 pm

BevP wrote:I am bumping up this old thread just to let you guys know that with all the craziness with #1 son #2 has managed to about finish his Associate in Baking and Pastry has like a week and a half more to go and has all A's this quarter and B+ overall :D

Standing Ovation! :D
User

Carla G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:01 am

by Carla G » Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:57 am

Just now saw this Bev. Many congrats to your son! I am always thrilled to hear of someone talented getting in there and keeping the craft of baking alive.
Bake on young man, bake on!
"She did not so much cook as assassinate food." - Storm Jameson
User

BevP

{ RANK }

Foodie

Bullitt County KY

by BevP » Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:56 am

Thanks, Matt is heading out this morning for the first of 3 finals. One today, Wed and Thurs. and then he is done. Graduation is not til October 12th hopefully by then he will be working, he likes the more commercial baking, not into the cake decorating. He loved doing the breads and when he had his internship at the bakery and had to do like 50 crème brulee...go figure