Like to cook? In this forum, both amateur and pro chefs can share recipes, procedures and cooking tips and talk about local restaurant recipes.

Whats a good hard cider?

User

John Hagan

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:38 pm

SPENCER CO. Lake Wazzapamani

Whats a good hard cider?

by John Hagan » Fri Oct 12, 2007 5:08 pm

I have a recipe that calls for hard cider. Whats a good brand and where can I get it. I have seen one before, but it was just flavored malt liquor. I am looking for the real thing. Thanks
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Whats a good hard cider?

by Robin Garr » Fri Oct 12, 2007 5:28 pm

John Hagan wrote:I have a recipe that calls for hard cider. Whats a good brand and where can I get it. I have seen one before, but it was just flavored malt liquor. I am looking for the real thing. Thanks

John, it's probably the ciderish equivalent of Budweiser, but I believe Woodchuck, although it comes in a beer-style bottle, really is hard cider, not a malt beverage.

Probably some of the little Indiana wineries up in Brown County and around Bloomington make artisan hard ciders, and that might be an interesting thing to explore. I'm not much of a cider fancier, though, so sorry I can't offer more competent advice.
no avatar
User

Michelle R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed May 30, 2007 1:28 pm

Hikes Point

by Michelle R. » Fri Oct 12, 2007 5:35 pm

Woodchuck is probably the best bet. I'm not a beer drinker, but I really like hard cider, and Woodchuck is the best I've tried.
"If you're gonna be a bear, be a grizzly!"
no avatar
User

amy lyons

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:29 pm

Highlands

hard cider

by amy lyons » Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:33 pm

Woodpecker is available around town - party mart, liquor world. it is from Bulmer's which makes a good hard cider served in Great Britain and Ireland.
"All I ask of food is that it doesn't harm me."
Michael Palin
no avatar
User

Matt B

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:13 pm

Louisville, KY

Bulmer's

by Matt B » Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:16 pm

Just the mention of Bulmers makes me want to return to Ireland. One of the best ciders I have ever tasted, and I am not a big cider drinker.