Like to cook? In this forum, both amateur and pro chefs can share recipes, procedures and cooking tips and talk about local restaurant recipes.

What's cooking?

no avatar
User

Will Terry

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon May 04, 2009 4:00 pm

Re: What's cooking?

by Will Terry » Fri May 11, 2018 10:54 am

Hopefully making some plated beef ribs soon... Foxhollow Farms did a specific order for me and they are available on Monday!

Probably going to Sous Vide them and then finish on grill.
no avatar
User

Kevin R

{ RANK }

Just got here

Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:43 am

Lexington, Kentucky

by Kevin R » Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:44 pm

Robin Garr wrote:Glad to see you checking in, Sam!

I hate to admit ignorance here, but I can't immediately place La Popular. Where is it?

Robin, La Popular used to be on 7th Street Rd before they closed down.
Kevin Ryan
Baldani Law Group
866-906-2629
https://baldanilaw.com/
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:32 pm

Kevin R wrote:Robin, La Popular used to be on 7th Street Rd before they closed down.

Thanks, Kevin, and welcome to the forum!
no avatar
User

Margie L

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:47 pm

by Margie L » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:53 pm

I discovered that you can make a great pot roast using frozen meat in an Instant Pot.

I was cold and hungry and didn't want to work too hard. I had a couple of chuck roasts in the freezer, I pulled out a 2 pound roast, poured a cup or two of wine and beef broth into the Instant Pot, placed the frozen roast on the rack and set for 60 minutes on high. I also threw in some rosemary, thyme, garlic and a bay leaf. After a natural release, I removed the rack and added some carrots and potatoes and cooked for another 15 minutes. Did a quick release, added some salt and pepper, and had a terrific pot roast.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:19 pm

Great invention, Margie! I love my Instant Pot, but I honestly use it mainly as a bean pot, because it's so perfect in that mode.
no avatar
User

Margie L

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:47 pm

by Margie L » Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:48 pm

Robin Garr wrote:Great invention, Margie! I love my Instant Pot, but I honestly use it mainly as a bean pot, because it's so perfect in that mode.

Robin, love it for beans, but you are missing out if you don't use it to make soup stock. I bought my Instant Pot to replace my old electric pressure cooker which I always used mainly to make stock. Nothing better than being able to throw everything in a pot and always have great homemade stock on hand.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:27 am

Margie L wrote:Robin, love it for beans, but you are missing out if you don't use it to make soup stock. I bought my Instant Pot to replace my old electric pressure cooker which I always used mainly to make stock. Nothing better than being able to throw everything in a pot and always have great homemade stock on hand.

I'll try that, Margie. Thanks!
User

Jay M.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:09 pm

by Jay M. » Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:01 pm

Gasthaus called to cancel our recent reservation due to lack of staff. So, it became German night at our house. We made beef Rouladen and spaetzle - both pretty good approximations of the Gasthaus menu versions. We served with store-bought red cabbage and a Rheingau Spatburgunder. Good night for hearty German dishes.
Previous