Like to cook? In this forum, both amateur and pro chefs can share recipes, procedures and cooking tips and talk about local restaurant recipes.

What's cooking?

User

Ed Vermillion

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:32 pm

38 degrees 25' 25' N 85 degrees 36' 2' W

Re: What's cooking?

by Ed Vermillion » Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:43 pm

Roasting a chicken greek style to be served with roasted carrots, roasted fingerling potatos and slather the whole plate in greek lemon sauce. Tomorrow is chorizo & kale soup in the pot o' crock all day.
User

Deb Hall

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:46 pm

Highlands , Louisville

by Deb Hall » Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:54 pm

Nothing!!!
We are enroute back from Lake Cumberland and the plan is leftovers tonight. We'll see if I can make it through the day without cooking something....(unlikely). :lol:
User

Bill P

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:20 am

Depauw, IN

by Bill P » Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:55 pm

Whole Wheat Oatmeal bread fresh from the oven. PIC to follow.
User

Steve P

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:18 pm

by Steve P » Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:27 pm

Ed Vermillion wrote:Roasting a chicken greek style

:shock: ...Somehow I can picture the Food Dude experimenting with this technique...But you Ed ?
Stevie P...The Daddio of the Patio
User

Ed Vermillion

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:32 pm

38 degrees 25' 25' N 85 degrees 36' 2' W

by Ed Vermillion » Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:02 pm

Steve P wrote:
Ed Vermillion wrote:Roasting a chicken greek style

:shock: ...Somehow I can picture the Food Dude experimenting with this technique...But you Ed ?

French kiss, greek chicken.........this is a family channel so we'll leave it at that. :lol:

Instead of chorizo & kale soup, today I'm whipping up wild rice chorizo corn chowder garnished with bourbon smoked paprika cornbread.
User

Bill P

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:20 am

Depauw, IN

by Bill P » Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:39 pm

Some recent breads:

Whole Wheat Oatmeal:

Santa Rug 007.JPG
Santa Rug 007.JPG (120.04 KiB) Viewed 34475 times

Almond Fennel Bread:

Santa Rug 011.JPG
Santa Rug 011.JPG (120.65 KiB) Viewed 34475 times
User

TP Lowe

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:00 am

Shelby County

by TP Lowe » Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:12 pm

stir-fried pork tenderloin tonight. Ingredients TBD as I see what's in the fridge beyond the pork. Last night was experimenting with Mexican (not something I do much of).
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:50 pm

Bill P wrote:Almond Fennel Bread:

Whoa! I could definitely eat that. Could you give us more details, Bill?
User

Lois Mauk

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:08 pm

Jeffersonville, Indiana

by Lois Mauk » Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:24 pm

Hot Browns tonight!
Make a fast friend . . . Adopt a retired racer from Greyhound Pets of America!
http://www.GPALouisville.org
User

Deb Hall

{ RANK }

Foodie

Highlands , Louisville

by Deb Hall » Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:11 pm

Tired of turkey today, so:
Pork tenderloin with cranberry balsamic, mashed sweet potatoes, Romaine with gorgonzola, spiced pecans and honey-roasted garlic dressing.

Now I'm looking for a great turkey soup/ stew recipe for later in the week.....
Deb
User

Gayle DeM

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:42 pm

by Gayle DeM » Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:44 pm

Deb,

My go to is Cream of Turkey & Wild Rice Soup. I more or less follow this recipe: http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/cream_of_turkey_wild_rice_soup.html except for the "1 cup quick-cooking or instant wild rice." In most cases in order to "make" instant wild rice the outer hull is removed. I think that this is where most of wild rice's nutty flavor comes from. So I cook a mess of true wild rice (not cultivated) and add about three cups when I add the turkey. I also use the full-fat sour cream.

Note: I ran across this version sometime this past summer. http://www.food.com/recipe/sarasotas-minnesota-turkey-mushroom-and-wild-rice-soup-415595 I haven't tried it yet, but I'm thinking I might evening like this vegetable and herb combination even more.

If anyone is looking for good Minnesota Hand Picked Wild Rice, try Christmas Point. I just reordered 5 lbs. from there yesterday. http://www.christmaspoint.com/store/listing.aspx?cid=Wild+Rice This is so much more flavorful than the cultivated California "wild" rice.
"I didn't fight my way to the top of the food chain to be a vegetarian" -Erma Bombeck
User

Deb Hall

{ RANK }

Foodie

Highlands , Louisville

by Deb Hall » Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:48 pm

Thanks, Gayle!
Gayle DeM wrote:Deb,

My go to is Cream of Turkey & Wild Rice Soup. I more or less follow this recipe: http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/cream_of_turkey_wild_rice_soup.html except for the "1 cup quick-cooking or instant wild rice." In most cases in order to "make" instant wild rice the outer hull is removed. I think that this is where most of wild rice's nutty flavor comes from. So I cook a mess of true wild rice (not cultivated) and add about three cups when I add the turkey. I also use the full-fat sour cream.

Note: I ran across this version sometime this past summer. http://www.food.com/recipe/sarasotas-minnesota-turkey-mushroom-and-wild-rice-soup-415595 I haven't tried it yet, but I'm thinking I might evening like this vegetable and herb combination even more.

If anyone is looking for good Minnesota Hand Picked Wild Rice, try Christmas Point. I just reordered 5 lbs. from there yesterday. http://www.christmaspoint.com/store/listing.aspx?cid=Wild+Rice This is so much more flavorful than the cultivated California "wild" rice.
User

Jackie R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:48 pm

Highlands

by Jackie R. » Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:50 am

Robin Garr wrote:Thanksgiving Eve goodies, touching on the plate. Went great with Monte Antico 2007 Toscana.

Robin - what is the orange colored dish on this plate? It looks tasty, for sure.

I love the idea of Mary's black bean and ginger soup, too. I want to try to follow what you posted here. If you were to put a name on that, what would it be? I wing my recipes so much that I never know what to call them without just stating every ingredient in the list.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:49 am

Jackie R. wrote:[
Robin - what is the orange colored dish on this plate? It looks tasty, for sure.

Pulled turkey stuff in saffron cream!

I love the idea of Mary's black bean and ginger soup, too. I want to try to follow what you posted here. If you were to put a name on that, what would it be? I wing my recipes so much that I never know what to call them without just stating every ingredient in the list.

Jackie, we call it black bean soup with ginger. :lol:
User

TP Lowe

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:00 am

Shelby County

by TP Lowe » Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:03 am

Robin Garr wrote:Robin - what is the orange colored dish on this plate? It looks tasty, for sure.

Pulled turkey stuff in saffron cream!

Now, that's inventive, Robin!
PreviousNext