Like to cook? In this forum, both amateur and pro chefs can share recipes, procedures and cooking tips and talk about local restaurant recipes.
User

Deb Hall

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:46 pm

Highlands , Louisville

Call for Recipes using Fresh Mozzarella

by Deb Hall » Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:46 am

My wonderful mother-in-law arrived from Tennessee yesterday with illicit contraband: two gallons of raw milk fresh (as in milked yesterday morning) from her neighbor's farm . I'm planning to make some incredible fresh mozzarella this evening .
:D
I'm looking for some really stellar recipes to use it. I have a number, but I'd love to hear your recipes for showcasing some really fresh, really wonderful mozzarella.

Thanks,
Deb
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Call for Recipes using Fresh Mozzarella

by Robin Garr » Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:52 am

Deb Hall wrote:I'd love to hear your recipes for showcasing some really fresh, really wonderful mozzarella.

Caprese! Quick, before frost! Thick rounds of perfect fresh tomato drizzled with your best olive oil, topped with creamy rounds of mozzarella and a fresh basil chiffonade.
User

Beth K.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed May 23, 2007 2:18 pm

by Beth K. » Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:13 pm

I made this with leftover pork loin instead of the country ham, but it was still delicious.

Country Ham Salad with Fresh Mozzarella and Balsamic-Molasses Vinaigrette

1 pound Kentucky country ham, finely diced
1/2-pound fresh mozzarella, finely diced
2 yellow peppers, roasted, peeled, seeded, and finely diced
1/4 cup chiffonad fresh basil
3/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup molasses
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
6 cups mixed baby greens, washed and dried

Combine the ham, mozzarella, peppers, and basil in a large bowl. Whisk together the balsamic vinegar, molasses, and mustard in a small bowl; season dressing with salt and pepper. Pour 3/4 of the dressing over the ham mixture.

Place the greens in a large bowl, drizzle with the remaining dressing, season with salt and pepper, and toss to combine. Arrange the greens on a platter and mound the ham salad on top.
no avatar
User

Michelle R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed May 30, 2007 1:28 pm

Hikes Point

by Michelle R. » Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:42 am

Robin Garr wrote:
Deb Hall wrote:I'd love to hear your recipes for showcasing some really fresh, really wonderful mozzarella.

Caprese! Quick, before frost! Thick rounds of perfect fresh tomato drizzled with your best olive oil, topped with creamy rounds of mozzarella and a fresh basil chiffonade.

I second Robin on this one!

I always sprinkle some good salt, and some fresh ground pepper, and use a splash of really good balsamic vinegar on mine.
"If you're gonna be a bear, be a grizzly!"
no avatar
User

Tina Marsh

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:17 am

Louisville

by Tina Marsh » Wed Oct 10, 2007 3:55 pm

Michelle R. wrote:
Robin Garr wrote:

I second Robin on this one!

I always sprinkle some good salt, and some fresh ground pepper, and use a splash of really good balsamic vinegar on mine.

oh yes, that's exactly how I treat good fresh mozzarella, too. with heirloom tomatoes from my garden.