Like to cook? In this forum, both amateur and pro chefs can share recipes, procedures and cooking tips and talk about local restaurant recipes.
User

Steve P

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:18 pm

Re: Went to Jungle Jim's

by Steve P » Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:19 am

JohnS wrote:
Also didn't see those, but when I was up there for the Weekend of Fire last month, they did have balut eggs in the cooler section at the end of the "non-standard produce" aisle with the kimchi..

Shut up !!! Seriously ? NO WAY !!!....Seriously ?...You went to J.J. on a weekend ?....and you ventured into the "non-standard produce" aisle and made it out ? Sh** dog, I'm impressed.

JohnS wrote:That place is hard on my wallet - I'm already a "ooh - shiny! Must try it" kind of random shopper in a regular grocery store, so JJ's just kills me.

:? ....My kinda guy. We should hang out sometime.
Stevie P...The Daddio of the Patio
no avatar
User

JohnS

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:13 pm

by JohnS » Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:20 pm

Steve P wrote:
JohnS wrote:
Also didn't see those, but when I was up there for the Weekend of Fire last month, they did have balut eggs in the cooler section at the end of the "non-standard produce" aisle with the kimchi..

Shut up !!! Seriously ? NO WAY !!!....Seriously ?...You went to J.J. on a weekend ?....and you ventured into the "non-standard produce" aisle and made it out ? Sh** dog, I'm impressed.

JohnS wrote:That place is hard on my wallet - I'm already a "ooh - shiny! Must try it" kind of random shopper in a regular grocery store, so JJ's just kills me.

It would never work - I'd order some run of the mill BBQ that wasn't prepared according to the rules handed down to you by the BBQ Gods and follow it up with a non-local or otherwise unapproved beer. It would go to Hell from there.

I'll stick with my less-than-lofty views on BBQ, visit Jungle Jim's on weekends, shop at Trader Joes, and avoid LHB from this point on.

You win!
User

Steve P

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:18 pm

by Steve P » Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:52 pm

JohnS wrote:
Steve P wrote:
JohnS wrote:

It would never work - I'd order some run of the mill BBQ that wasn't prepared according to the rules handed down to you by the BBQ Gods and follow it up with a non-local or otherwise unapproved beer. It would go to Hell from there.

I'll stick with my less-than-lofty views on BBQ, visit Jungle Jim's on weekends, shop at Trader Joes, and avoid LHB from this point on.

You win!

Win ? :? ...am I the only one missing something here ? Whaaaat-ever. It's cool.
Stevie P...The Daddio of the Patio
Previous