Like to cook? In this forum, both amateur and pro chefs can share recipes, procedures and cooking tips and talk about local restaurant recipes.

Went to Jungle Jim's

no avatar
User

Steve P

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:18 pm

Re: Went to Jungle Jim's

by Steve P » Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:19 am

JohnS wrote:
Also didn't see those, but when I was up there for the Weekend of Fire last month, they did have balut eggs in the cooler section at the end of the "non-standard produce" aisle with the kimchi..

Shut up !!! Seriously ? NO WAY !!!....Seriously ?...You went to J.J. on a weekend ?....and you ventured into the "non-standard produce" aisle and made it out ? Sh** dog, I'm impressed.

JohnS wrote:That place is hard on my wallet - I'm already a "ooh - shiny! Must try it" kind of random shopper in a regular grocery store, so JJ's just kills me.

:? ....My kinda guy. We should hang out sometime.
Stevie P...The Daddio of the Patio
no avatar
User

JohnS

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:13 pm

by JohnS » Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:20 pm

Steve P wrote:
JohnS wrote:
Also didn't see those, but when I was up there for the Weekend of Fire last month, they did have balut eggs in the cooler section at the end of the "non-standard produce" aisle with the kimchi..

Shut up !!! Seriously ? NO WAY !!!....Seriously ?...You went to J.J. on a weekend ?....and you ventured into the "non-standard produce" aisle and made it out ? Sh** dog, I'm impressed.

JohnS wrote:That place is hard on my wallet - I'm already a "ooh - shiny! Must try it" kind of random shopper in a regular grocery store, so JJ's just kills me.

It would never work - I'd order some run of the mill BBQ that wasn't prepared according to the rules handed down to you by the BBQ Gods and follow it up with a non-local or otherwise unapproved beer. It would go to Hell from there.

I'll stick with my less-than-lofty views on BBQ, visit Jungle Jim's on weekends, shop at Trader Joes, and avoid LHB from this point on.

You win!
no avatar
User

Steve P

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:18 pm

by Steve P » Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:52 pm

JohnS wrote:
Steve P wrote:
JohnS wrote:

It would never work - I'd order some run of the mill BBQ that wasn't prepared according to the rules handed down to you by the BBQ Gods and follow it up with a non-local or otherwise unapproved beer. It would go to Hell from there.

I'll stick with my less-than-lofty views on BBQ, visit Jungle Jim's on weekends, shop at Trader Joes, and avoid LHB from this point on.

You win!

Win ? :? ...am I the only one missing something here ? Whaaaat-ever. It's cool.
Stevie P...The Daddio of the Patio
Previous