Like to cook? In this forum, both amateur and pro chefs can share recipes, procedures and cooking tips and talk about local restaurant recipes.

Bacon Salt!

User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

Bacon Salt!

by Mark R. » Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:39 pm

Just found this while browsing another website. Now we can have the flavor of bacon that even cooking bacon and without adding any fat! Not sure how it tastes but I'm going to order some to try. Here's a link to the web site: Bacon Salt

It's even Kosher Certified? So our Jewish friends can experience the flavor of bacon!
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
no avatar
User

Aaron Newton

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:34 pm

by Aaron Newton » Tue Oct 02, 2007 11:05 pm

I've always been a little disturbed by their slogan: 'Everything should taste like Bacon.' That's a scary thought... have yet to actually try the product though, can see it being pretty good on certain foods.
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Tue Oct 02, 2007 11:21 pm

You're right, I can only see a few dishes where it would be good. Potatoes and beans come to mind and possibly certain kinds of meat. It's just possibly another interesting salt to add to my collection! I'll have to see what I think after my order arrives!
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
no avatar
User

Aaron Newton

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:34 pm

by Aaron Newton » Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:43 am

Mark R. wrote:You're right, I can only see a few dishes where it would be good. Potatoes and beans come to mind and possibly certain kinds of meat. It's just possibly another interesting salt to add to my collection! I'll have to see what I think after my order arrives!

And greens! With bacon is the only way I can ever eat mustard greens, so naturally I eat them pretty rarely. Bacon Salt may be a solution. :D
User

Beth K.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed May 23, 2007 2:18 pm

by Beth K. » Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:54 am

I'm not sold. Bacon is delicious for its texture as well as its flavor. At least you get some protein from Bacon. Granted, it also has bad attributes, I know, I know... But, you wouldn't get anything from the salt except, well, salt, and I hardly need to add another source of sodium to my diet.
no avatar
User

Michelle R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed May 30, 2007 1:28 pm

Hikes Point

by Michelle R. » Wed Oct 03, 2007 3:25 pm

I could see using it on sliced tomatoes.
"If you're gonna be a bear, be a grizzly!"