Like to cook? In this forum, both amateur and pro chefs can share recipes, procedures and cooking tips and talk about local restaurant recipes.

Prime Beef

User

Daniel Raines

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:21 pm

Prime Beef

by Daniel Raines » Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:12 am

Anyone in town sell prime beef?

I was in Cincy a few weeks ago at Jungle Jims and got some of the tastiest prime ribeyes, which was better than some of the highend steakhouses I've been to but wanted to see if there was some locally.

I guess I could use Lobel's in mail order although I normally use Allen Brothers.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Prime Beef

by Robin Garr » Sat Sep 29, 2007 9:54 am

Daniel Raines wrote:Anyone in town sell prime beef?

I was in Cincy a few weeks ago at Jungle Jims and got some of the tastiest prime ribeyes, which was better than some of the highend steakhouses I've been to but wanted to see if there was some locally.

I guess I could use Lobel's in mail order although I normally use Allen Brothers.

We had a short-lived place out in J'town that sold it for a couple of months, but it didn't last, perhaps not the best location.

Personally, I've been delighted lately with the beef available to farmer's markets from Dreamcatcher, Fiedler's and Stonecross, and the Green River steaks at Doll's, all of which is natural and mostly grass-fed, so I don't hunger for prime the way I used to.
no avatar
User

Sonja W

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:00 pm

prime beef

by Sonja W » Sat Sep 29, 2007 1:17 pm

Whole Foods sells prime beef.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: prime beef

by Robin Garr » Sat Sep 29, 2007 1:25 pm

Sonja W wrote:Whole Foods sells prime beef.

I've seen them selling dry-aged, but didn't notice that it was billed as "prime," Sonja. Thanks for the info!
no avatar
User

Rick Boman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:26 am

by Rick Boman » Sat Sep 29, 2007 3:31 pm

Try Kingsley's on Taylorsville Road, by Bowman Field. They sell all kinds of Prime Beef.
no avatar
User

Michelle R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed May 30, 2007 1:28 pm

Hikes Point

by Michelle R. » Tue Oct 02, 2007 8:37 am

Yes. I second Kingley's. Friendly people, they know beef, and they have a pretty good selection.