Like to cook? In this forum, both amateur and pro chefs can share recipes, procedures and cooking tips and talk about local restaurant recipes.

Duke's Mayonnaise

no avatar
User

Dan L.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:52 pm

Duke's Mayonnaise

by Dan L. » Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:15 pm

Can anyone tell me where locally I can find Duke's Mayonnaise? According to their website Wal-Mart and Kroger carry it in Kentucky, but with a disclaimer that not all of their stores stock their product.
no avatar
User

Nancy Inman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:37 am

The Country

Re: Duke's Mayonnaise

by Nancy Inman » Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:10 pm

We have it in Taylorsville at The Country Market, our one grocery store.
I am going to be at Gayle's on Tuesday and gladly bring you some.
Nancy Inman
no avatar
User

AmyBK

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:32 pm

Main St. days, East End nights

by AmyBK » Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:10 pm

The Springhurst Kroger, across the street from the Summit, has both the regular and lite versions of Duke's. I've been buying it there for years. I do think it is the best bottled mayo out there.
no avatar
User

RichardM

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:18 am

Louisville, KY

by RichardM » Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:36 pm

The Fresh Market at Taylorsville and Moser Roads has it.

DISCLAIMER: I am the fish monger there.

Richard
Richard Lord Meadows, Earl of Vienna, Marquess of Morgantown and Westover, Baronet of Parkersburg, and West Virginia’s Ambassador to the Portland Neighborhood.
User

Gayle DeM

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:42 pm

by Gayle DeM » Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:38 pm

Richard, last time I saw you behind the counter you were at the Fresh Market at Shelbyville and Moser. :lol: :lol: :lol:
"I didn't fight my way to the top of the food chain to be a vegetarian" -Erma Bombeck
User

Leann C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:42 pm

Highlands

by Leann C » Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:38 pm

We buy it at ValuMarket in Mid City Mall.
no avatar
User

RichardM

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:18 am

Louisville, KY

by RichardM » Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:21 pm

RichardM wrote:The Fresh Market at Taylorsville and Moser Roads has it.

DISCLAIMER: I am the fish monger there.

Richard

They are both big busy roads, but, yes SHELBYVILLE RD and Moser Rd. However, as it was pointed out to me today, they must have found it cause the DUKE's was gone off the shelf.

Try the Fish!

I'll be there part of the week.

Richard
Richard Lord Meadows, Earl of Vienna, Marquess of Morgantown and Westover, Baronet of Parkersburg, and West Virginia’s Ambassador to the Portland Neighborhood.
User

Barbara A

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:45 pm

St. Matthews

by Barbara A » Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:03 pm

Paul's fruit market on Chenoweth in St. Matthews and we have found it at Valu-Market at Hurstbourne and Shelbyville. :D
If you can't cope you can always cook
no avatar
User

Chris LM

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:23 pm

by Chris LM » Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:15 pm

Kroger, they have had it for years. Maybe the "death to chains" mentality of this website has prohibited people from responding with this simple answer.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:32 pm

Chris LM wrote:Kroger, they have had it for years. Maybe the "death to chains" mentality of this website has prohibited people from responding with this simple answer.

Really? Look back up the thread, Chris. Amy mentioned Kroger. Others have mentioned Fresh Market, also a chain. And a reference to buying it on Amazon.com.

Look, many of us on this forum have a preference for supporting local independents. But that doesn't mean we censor talk about corporate entities when that's the answer to the question. It kind of stings to see someone make a flat statemet like that when Kroger has already been mentioned in the conversation.
no avatar
User

Chris LM

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:23 pm

by Chris LM » Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:48 pm

Robin,

I stand corrected, was reading down the comments too fast. I will say this, the anti-chain sentiment from the majority of the regulars on this blog gets very old often times. I much prefer to buy local, but don't despise chains because of this thought. Aside from Amy's mention, it seemed to me like everyone was bending over backwards to avoid the obvious.

I apologize if my quick comment was rude.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:28 pm

Chris LM wrote:I apologize if my quick comment was rude.

"Rude" is too strong a word, Chris, and no need to apologize. :) I do take seriously the importance of answering questions fully and covering the dining world around Louisville as thoroughly as possible, and that means I don't, and will never, censor discussions of chains.

Don't forget, too, in the context of this topic, that Fresh Market is also a regional chain, and that Amazon.com is distinctly chainy, and arguably involved in the demise of some local book stores.

So, again, there's probably a preferential option for local indies here, and I'm unapologetic about that. But I don't want it taken beyond the point of common sense. (And of course, I can't muzzle Roger :lol: but I do suspect his "death to chains" mantra is at least somewhat tongue-in-cheek.)