Like to cook? In this forum, both amateur and pro chefs can share recipes, procedures and cooking tips and talk about local restaurant recipes.
no avatar
User

AmyBK

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:32 pm

Main St. days, East End nights

looking for good recipe import program for pc

by AmyBK » Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:15 pm

Help! I am drowning in all my good intentions. I have piles of recipes torn out of magazines that I want to try or I have tried and kept. Does anyone have a recommendation of a good import program, or scanning system? Thanks!
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: looking for good recipe import program for pc

by Robin Garr » Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:15 pm

Amy, this is only a partial recommendation, as I have this program on my iOS devices (it's also available for desktop) but haven't really used it. But the description and testimonials for Evernote are very strong, and in theory at least it will do what you want: Take a smartphone shot of each recipe, store them in folders in Evernote, and you can conduct searches for words in PDFs and even in photos.

Check the website, http://www.evernote.com/
no avatar
User

AmyBK

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:32 pm

Main St. days, East End nights

Re: looking for good recipe import program for pc

by AmyBK » Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:15 pm

Thanks for the suggestion, Robin. Alas, my phone is only semi-literate! I will look into it further. There was an article in today's paper about a scanner and program that supposedly does a good job with receipts, etc. But a bit pricey.