Like to cook? In this forum, both amateur and pro chefs can share recipes, procedures and cooking tips and talk about local restaurant recipes.

Question:

User

James Paul

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:08 am

Seymour, Texas

Question:

by James Paul » Mon Sep 17, 2007 2:05 pm

We all know about smoked jalapeños. They have been around for years.

Why are they all of a sudden called a Chipolte' ?

It's craziness, chipolte Dr Pepper, chipolte' sauce, chipolte' Ketchup,
I was in a Target store this weekend passed and lo and behold,
the coup de gras, a chipolte' colored top.

What is the deal with this chipolte business? I like them fine as a food but as a life style *shudder

:shock:
Every days a holiday and every meals a feast !
User

Chris Dunn

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:34 pm

Shepherdsville

by Chris Dunn » Mon Sep 17, 2007 3:50 pm

Chipotle is the new pesto.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Question:

by Robin Garr » Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:14 pm

James Paul wrote:What is the deal with this chipotle business? I like them fine as a food but as a life style *shudder

That's not the worst of it. Out front of the Walgreen's closest to us, there's a big movable letter sign advertising:

MERLOT CREME
User

DeeDee D

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:48 pm

Sellersburg, IN

by DeeDee D » Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:33 pm

what about the panini bread at DQ? What is that about?
User

Beth K.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed May 23, 2007 2:18 pm

by Beth K. » Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:08 am

I'm almost afraid to ask, but what is merlot creme?
no avatar
User

Michele Cull

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:44 am

Original Highlands

by Michele Cull » Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:17 am

I think "Merlot Creme" is part of a skin care line (Thank goodness!)

MissChele
MissChele
no avatar
User

Brian Jennings

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:32 am

Bowling Green

Chipotle

by Brian Jennings » Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:12 am

I've always loved chipotle peppers- their traditional name in Mexico, and the southwest U.S. Why so trendy?- currently that has more to do with McDonalds buying out a young CIA trained chef who in Denver stared the chain of Chipotle burrito restaurants. McD's sold the chain in a private offering. There are now over 640 Chipotle's, and a stock worth $120 a share. They also have a business plan which incorporates environmentally friendly design, and in places like MN they currently use organic pork, and antibiotic free chicken. Look forward to hearing more about Chipotle, and chipotle!
"To invite any one, implies that we charge ourselves with his happiness all the time that he is under our roof" Brillat-Savarin
User

James Paul

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:08 am

Seymour, Texas

Re: Chipotle

by James Paul » Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:20 pm

Brian Jennings wrote:I've always loved chipotle peppers- their traditional name in Mexico, and the southwest U.S. Why so trendy?- currently that has more to do with McDonalds buying out a young CIA trained chef who in Denver stared the chain of Chipotle burrito restaurants. McD's sold the chain in a private offering. There are now over 640 Chipotle's, and a stock worth $120 a share. They also have a business plan which incorporates environmentally friendly design, and in places like MN they currently use organic pork, and antibiotic free chicken. Look forward to hearing more about Chipotle, and chipotle!

Thanks Brian, I needed that. So that's the buzz hmmm I'm gonna call my broker!

:wink:
Every days a holiday and every meals a feast !
no avatar
User

GaryF

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:05 am

Re: Chipotle

by GaryF » Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:15 pm

James Paul wrote:
Brian Jennings wrote:I've always loved chipotle peppers- their traditional name in Mexico, and the southwest U.S. Why so trendy?- currently that has more to do with McDonalds buying out a young CIA trained chef who in Denver stared the chain of Chipotle burrito restaurants. McD's sold the chain in a private offering. There are now over 640 Chipotle's, and a stock worth $120 a share. They also have a business plan which incorporates environmentally friendly design, and in places like MN they currently use organic pork, and antibiotic free chicken. Look forward to hearing more about Chipotle, and chipotle!

Thanks Brian, I needed that. So that's the buzz hmmm I'm gonna call my broker!

:wink:

Big article about the guy who started it and the company itself in last week's Time Mag. Or was it Newsweek? I must be living in my own little world as I've never heard of the company until now.