Like to cook? In this forum, both amateur and pro chefs can share recipes, procedures and cooking tips and talk about local restaurant recipes.

ATTN: John Hagan

User

Carol C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:26 pm

ATTN: John Hagan

by Carol C » Mon May 02, 2011 10:57 pm

John,
Do you all have heirloom tomatoes that are small, like cherry tomatoes? We want some that we can put in pots. Tried both regular tomatoes and the small ones last year and had much better luck with the little ones. Would like some tasty ones preferably in a variety of colors. We are anxious to get out there if this rain ever stops!?!?
Thanks, Carol
User

John Hagan

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:38 pm

SPENCER CO. Lake Wazzapamani

Re: ATTN: John Hagan

by John Hagan » Tue May 03, 2011 9:37 am

Thanks Carol,
My heirlooms are still pretty small right now. To say this spring has been challenging would be an understatement. I think this is worst spring season we have ever had, and it looks like we are getting a frost tomorrow night. I have most of my standard tomatoes ready right now and Ill have to bring them back into the greenhouse due to the possible frost. The heirlooms are probably a couple to three weeks out at the earliest. We will have some nice small fruit varieties with a range of color and shapes. I will make a note to PM you when they are ready.
Just to be clear, some of the smaller fruiting tomatoes are born off really giant plants. Many of the cherry/grape types are vining type plants that dont lend themselves well to container production. That said, if it worked for you last year...thats great.
Ill make another post about it,but the week of the 9th(May) Monday through Sunday we will be offering a discount to any of our friends from Hotbytes that make the (lengthy) trip out to the greenhouse.
The tall one wants white toast, dry, with nothin' on it.
And the short one wants four whole fried chickens, and a Coke.
User

Carol C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:26 pm

Re: ATTN: John Hagan

by Carol C » Tue May 03, 2011 5:37 pm

Thanks so much John. We will definitely get out there soon. I would appreciate a PM when the little heirlooms get large enough--we had such good luck with them last year. As you all obviously know, it has been awful spring for plants. It may be August until it is dry enough to get things in the ground!!!

Again, thanks and we look forward to seeing you and Ann very soon.